Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

Moving To Des Moines!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:17 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hello Super Nervous!  I live in onawa(well just moved here in Nov) and now my family and i are Moving to Des Moines! I would like to make some friends that i can get coffee with, who have kids as well, I am new to this state and have not had luck meeting new people. maybe its the town!! Hope to hear from some ppl! Moving next Week....

**Brat!**

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ferrari
by Felicia on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:55 PM
I'm in Des Moines :-) I'm on the south side. What area of Des Moines are you guys moving to?
I'm Felicia. I have 3 kids. Milo is 6, Michael is 4, and Madalynn is 2. I've lived in Des Moines for 14 yrs. Dh is from here. My sisters have followed me here lol they moved to Des Moines within the last couple years. I love love love coffee! Lol
How many kids do you have?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emilyelephant
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I live 30 min east of DSM I'm 20 and have a 4 month old daughter

easinpc
by Emily on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Welcome!  I live about 15 miles east of Des Moines but work over on the west side of Des Moines.  Welcome to the area!

easinpc
by Emily on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Were are you located at?  I'm about 15 miles east of Pleasant Hill area, so when I saw you were east as well it made me curious!

Quoting emilyelephant:

meam4444
by Representative on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Safe travels!!

emilyelephant
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Newton

Quoting easinpc:

Were are you located at?  I'm about 15 miles east of Pleasant Hill area, so when I saw you were east as well it made me curious!

Quoting emilyelephant:

easinpc
by Emily on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:30 PM
That's about 20 minutes from me. I'm in Prairie City. My son and I go to the drive in over there a couple times each summer.

Quoting emilyelephant:

Newton

Quoting easinpc:

Quoting emilyelephant:

amanda_renee77
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:38 PM
It is the town believe me I'm from there my whole family is from there and still lives there
Sewsofun
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:25 PM
I live in Urbandale which is a suburb of des Moines basically. We moved here about 3 years ago and I've only recently made friends around here. I have a 5 yo son and a 19 month old daughter. I'm a SAHM. What side of town are you moving to?
easinpc
by Emily on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I work in the Urbandale area.  How do you like living here so far?

Quoting Sewsofun:

I live in Urbandale which is a suburb of des Moines basically. We moved here about 3 years ago and I've only recently made friends around here. I have a 5 yo son and a 19 month old daughter. I'm a SAHM. What side of town are you moving to?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)