Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

The malls of Iowa...

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:33 PM
  • 12 Replies

Which malls in Iowa do you love the best for shopping?

credit card

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krn210
by Kristin on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Coral Ridge, because its close. I also like Jordan Creek if I am in the Des Moines area. 

easinpc
by Emily on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I hate malls lol so I avoid them if at all possible!

Rachel0610
by Rachel on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Jordan Creek and the one in Coralville are the only two you can catch me in lol

Ferrari
by Felicia on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:42 PM
I prefer to go to Southridge mall. Its the closet to me. Next favorite is Valley West. Third is Jordan Creek.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvslilacs
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:50 PM
For the atmosphere and food I like Jordan Creek the best but I rarely ever buy anything at a mall. I prefer Target, Kohl's and places like that for actual shopping.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emilyelephant
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I prefer Merle Hay because they have the basic stores that I go to like VS and Old Navy, and Burlington Coat Factory and Hobby Lobby right next door.  It's also closer.

meam4444
by Representative on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I love Jordan Creek, but I don't get there often enough!  I usually hit malls up in Rochester or the Twin Cities.

Kayla2013
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Linndale, coralridge, crossroads, college square. Just a few. Once a year I get to Jordan creek.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvsHopesDreams
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Oh, Jordan Creek is my favorite by far.  I'm closer to Valley West and Merle Hay, but Merle Hay seems to be dying and Valley West doesn't have as good a restaurants.  I just wish my budget was such that I could afford some of the things I find at Jordan Creek.

huskermom98
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Between Target/Kohls/Staples (and Hobby Lobby close by too) I guess I would have to say Merle Hay Mall...not to mention they have Old Chicago and Panda Express!  It's also been my favorite mall for the last 7 years based on the playare because I can sit in one spot and see pretty much everywhere and everything, unlike the VW & JC playareas.  It's also the closest mall to our house too.  I rarely need to go to Jordan Creek, but I do hit the outside areas often because of Archivers.  Same with Valley West, but I do like that one because they have some of the best food options (Jimmy Johns, Noodles & Co, Chipotle...)  Yes, I tend to want to eat more than I shop when I'm out!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN