Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

Marion, Iowa

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM
  • 17 Replies
Thinking of moving here. What do you think of this area? Schools? Jobs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rachel0610
by Rachel on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Not sure where that even is lol

violet_2007
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:14 PM
I love the schools
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jenn4443
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Right next to Cedar Rapids

Quoting Rachel0610:

Not sure where that even is lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenn4443
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Do you live there? Schools is very important to me.

Quoting violet_2007:

I love the schools
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Not sure. My cuz just moved back home from CR. and I have another cuz that lives in CR. so not sure if they would be any help! Lol. And I am in Keokuk. So I know I definitely can't help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
krn210
by Kristin on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I love the area. Do not have any kids in school yet as they are not old enough. P.s. I maybe biased, I live in Marion. :-) 

jenn4443
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:36 PM
I seriously like the town, not sure why, I just want to move there, more opportunities for me and things for me to do with my son.

Quoting krn210:

I love the area. Do not have any kids in school yet as they are not old enough. P.s. I maybe biased, I live in Marion. :-) 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krn210
by Kristin on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Grr...I typed up my reply and don't know where it went! Anyway...lol.  For me, I think that it is the small town feel. I also like that there is adequate cop coverage and that they don't take any crap. Lol. I feel safe. I also like that Marion is a pretty active community, it makes me want to do more. There are people running/walking/biking rain or shine day or night. Everyone is friendly and welcoming. It really is a great place. How old is your son? My daughter starts preschool in August. :-)

Quoting jenn4443:

I seriously like the town, not sure why, I just want to move there, more opportunities for me and things for me to do with my son.

Quoting krn210:

jenn4443
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Oh, your so drawing me there more. Lol.,,,he is 10 and in 5th grade, also have a 18 yr old but he doesn't want to be with mom. Lol

Quoting krn210:

Grr...I typed up my reply and don't know where it went! Anyway...lol.  For me, I think that it is the small town feel. I also like that there is adequate cop coverage and that they don't take any crap. Lol. I feel safe. I also like that Marion is a pretty active community, it makes me want to do more. There are people running/walking/biking rain or shine day or night. Everyone is friendly and welcoming. It really is a great place. How old is your son? My daughter starts preschool in August. :-)

Quoting jenn4443:

Quoting krn210:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krn210
by Kristin on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol! You really will like it here, if you decide to move here that is. :-D My nephew goes to Indian Creek Elementary here in Marion and he loves it! This is his first year there (he previously was in the Cedar Rapids school system).  His Mom has nothing but good things to say about it too! :-)

Quoting jenn4443:

Oh, your so drawing me there more. Lol.,,,he is 10 and in 5th grade, also have a 18 yr old but he doesn't want to be with mom. Lol

Quoting krn210:

Quoting jenn4443:

Quoting krn210:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)