Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Valentines at school

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:21 AM
  • 21 Replies

If your kids are school age do they have a Valentines Day party at school?  Do they pass out Valentines to their classmates?

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
easinpc
by Emily on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:22 AM

My son does on the afternoon of the 14th.  It is one of the parties that you can sign up for to bring snacks/drinks for at the beginning of the school year.  They also can bring a Valentine for each kid in their class if they'd like to.  Suprise suprise this year my son picked out Phineas & Ferb Valentines to pass out to his friends. 

kavp84
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:22 AM

My3rd grader is having a party and passing out valentines. My 4th grader says they're having a spring party and can hand out valentines.

easinpc
by Emily on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:28 AM

My sons school has a spring party around Easter time I think.  I remember passing out Valentines at school when I was in elementary and always loved seeing the different ones from my friends!

Quoting kavp84:

My3rd grader is having a party and passing out valentines. My 4th grader says they're having a spring party and can hand out valentines.

meam4444
by Representative on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:51 AM

They sure do!  I think this year, I am going to do little goody bags for their classmates...just something different. 

easinpc
by Emily on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Great idea!

Quoting meam4444:

They sure do!  I think this year, I am going to do little goody bags for their classmates...just something different. 

Ferrari
by Felicia on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:11 PM
They do and they are so excited for it :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Melissa_anne
by Representative on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:45 PM

yep DD has a party for her class, we usually do diff things for valentines day.  last year we made those multi colored heart crayons, trust me it was a pain to unwrap all those crayons.

this year we are doing little robots.  with juice boxes for the body, starbursts for the feet and on the side of the head, a little Nerds box for the head and pipe cleaners for the arms, oh and a chocolate peanut butter heart goes on the front of it.  So i have to go pick up all that stuff this weekend

jenn4443
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:34 AM
This yr my son won't because he is 5th grade now and it's considered middle school now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rachel0610
by Rachel on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:24 AM

My son does have a valentines party and we get to do valentines for his class mates I love doing these kinds of things

meam4444
by Representative on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Creative!!!

Quoting Melissa_anne:

yep DD has a party for her class, we usually do diff things for valentines day.  last year we made those multi colored heart crayons, trust me it was a pain to unwrap all those crayons.

this year we are doing little robots.  with juice boxes for the body, starbursts for the feet and on the side of the head, a little Nerds box for the head and pipe cleaners for the arms, oh and a chocolate peanut butter heart goes on the front of it.  So i have to go pick up all that stuff this weekend

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)