Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

losing the little one

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:20 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

ok, so my step son turned 11 in december, recently he has developed pimples, voice is cracking, he is taller than me, and to top it off he is going to his first dance at school this coming friday....where did the time go?!?! I may only be his step-mom, but man o man, i am realizing he is no longer the little boy he was when i met him at 5 yrs old.....i miss the little boy, but am so proud of who he is becoming. Just needed to write this out to you all, feeling sad he is growing up...time goes so fast : (     its like it changed overnight, too fast

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
krn210
by Kristin on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like he has a wonderful step mother. :-) Time does seem to fly, I never really paid much attention to it until I had little ones of my own. He may be getting bigger but he'll always need you in his life. I hope he has a great time at the dance! :-)

meam4444
by Representative on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I never believed it when people told me that time flies when you have a child...I do now!  I have no idea where the time has been going.  And, I agree--sounds you are a wonderful step-mother to him.

easinpc
by Emily on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I was just thinking this about my own son last night.  Here in a couple of weeks he will turn 9 and is already almost as tall as me.  It seems like just yesterday he was born and with a blink of an eye he's almost 9.  You sound like an amazing stepmom to him!!

celestegood
by Representative on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

This, absolutely!!!!!!!!  You don't realize how much time does fly until you have your own kids.  It just flys by so fast.

Quoting meam4444:

I never believed it when people told me that time flies when you have a child...I do now!  I have no idea where the time has been going.  And, I agree--sounds you are a wonderful step-mother to him.

celestegood
by Representative on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this
My sons are sixteen, eleven, five, and three. I can't believe how grown up my older two are! In a few years, my oldest will be MOVING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going to college!
How is that possible? It seems like yesterday he was three. Sigh.
I want my baby back. I'm proud of him, love him...but he's growing up too fat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa_anne
by Representative on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM

puberty hits around 11??  my SS turned 11 in October and it hasn't started yet.  he does get braces soon though.  I have been in his life since he was 1 and i just can't believe how fast time flies. 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Aww you sound like a fantastic step mommy!!

Time really does fly. My oldest will be 22 in April and my middle one will be 19 in two weeks and I have NO IDEA where the time went. How the heck did my boys become men so quickly..lol

BeccaBol
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:45 PM

It varies from kid to kid, some are early, some are later on, so your ss could be anytime, either way, the time does fly!! 

Quoting Melissa_anne:

puberty hits around 11??  my SS turned 11 in October and it hasn't started yet.  he does get braces soon though.  I have been in his life since he was 1 and i just can't believe how fast time flies. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
BeccaBol
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:46 PM

thanks so much everyone for the notes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)