Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

West Des Moines OB/GYNs??? Help!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:37 AM
  • 9 Replies

First off, my name is Janna. I'm 32, married, with two daughters and another on the way. WHICH is what this post is about.

I currently live in Oklahoma, but hubby may be accepting a job there soon and we may be moving in the next few weeks. I'm 26 weeks pregnant and am concerned about finding a doctor that I like and am happy with to deliver this baby!

So, I was wondering if any of you ladies have had or know of any good ones, preferably at Mercy in West Des Moines (we'll be living either in the small town of Osceola, or in the West Des Moines area).

I want a doctor who encourages as antural of a birth as possible, doesn't push drugs, is laid back and has a warm demeanor.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance and looking forward to getting to know you all better! We should know if we are moving there or not this week sometime. :-)

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
easinpc
by Emily on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I don't know of any (my son is almost 9 and I used a dr in Pella) but heres' a bump for ya!

Mommy_81
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Thanks! :-)

meam4444
by Representative on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Hi Janna!!  Welcome to the group!  I am in North Iowa, so I don't know of any in the Des Moines area.  I trek to the Twin Cities to deliver my kids, and I can fully appreciate a medical team who encourage natural birth.

I hope some mommas in this group are able to help you!!  Keep us posted on if you make the big move!

luvslilacs
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:11 PM
The Iowa Clinic has a great group of doctors. I've never used them for maternity care but have known many others who have and have been happy with them. I believe Lakeview also has a group of Ob/Gyms who are highly recommended. The clinics are both within a half mile of Mercy West Lakes Hospital.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_81
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:17 PM

You girls are awesome already! ;-) Thanks for the info!

krn210
by Kristin on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Wish I could help but I am in the Cedar Rapids area. Good luck! :-)

meam4444
by Representative on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:58 AM

bump for more replies!

Mommy_81
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I looked at both of those and all the docs work with Mercy, too. Also, I found a list of midwives that I'm excited to look more into! Thank you so much for the info! :-)

Quoting luvslilacs:

The Iowa Clinic has a great group of doctors. I've never used them for maternity care but have known many others who have and have been happy with them. I believe Lakeview also has a group of Ob/Gyms who are highly recommended. The clinics are both within a half mile of Mercy West Lakes Hospital.

andrealeeanne
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I can't suggest an OB but as a doula I volunteer at Mercy West Lakes and they are wonderful! All their nurses are awesome, and the birthing rooms are completely fabulous. They try to keep labor natural, and do a good job managing natural labors as well. I always recommend them for hospital births.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)