Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

New Mattress

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:18 PM
  • 20 Replies

I'm going to be getting a new mattress in the next few weeks and was wanting to know if any moms had any pros/cons on the various brands/types of beds available and also any suggestions as to where to go/not to go in the Des Moines area to buy one?

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Representative on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I have a bed similar to a sleep number (I think the brand is comfort air).  I loveeee it!!  Happy bed shopping!!

luvslilacs
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:39 PM
We bought our new one at Homemakers. Same products but cheaper price than Slumberland
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
krn210
by Kristin on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:12 PM

We recently bought a sleep number. So far so good. :-)

easinpc
by Emily on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Thanks!

Quoting meam4444:

I have a bed similar to a sleep number (I think the brand is comfort air).  I loveeee it!!  Happy bed shopping!!

easinpc

Did they have it in stock for you to take then or did you have it delivered at a later time?

Quoting luvslilacs:

We bought our new one at Homemakers. Same products but cheaper price than Slumberland

easinpc

Thanks!

Quoting krn210:

We recently bought a sleep number. So far so good. :-)

snevins61105
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:44 PM

We just bought ours less than a month ago from Mattress Firm.  It's the Serta brand of Tempurpedics.  We liked the feel of that one better.  They were able to deliver the next day and we got 2 free pillows and a free mattress protector.

huskermom98
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:59 PM

DH & I have had a Select Comfort bed for several years and we love it (I couldn't imagine trying to sleep while pregnant on anything else...oh wait, I did while visiting family and I missed my bed!!!)  But even while not pregnant it's great because DH likes his side more firm than I do.

Last year we bought a fairly simple, but not bottom of the line mattress from Homemakers for our youngest's new twin bed--I've never spent a night on it, but it seems fine while I lay on it with him once in awhile.

Sweets32285
by Jen on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I have a Simmons.  Not sure if there is a certain style to it.  It is so comfy.  It's sometimes hard to get out of bed in the morning, because I want to stay in it.  I got this in Dubuque though.

easinpc
by Emily on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Awesome!

Quoting snevins61105:

We just bought ours less than a month ago from Mattress Firm.  It's the Serta brand of Tempurpedics.  We liked the feel of that one better.  They were able to deliver the next day and we got 2 free pillows and a free mattress protector.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN