Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm going to be getting a new mattress in the next few weeks and was wanting to know if any moms had any pros/cons on the various brands/types of beds available and also any suggestions as to where to go/not to go in the Des Moines area to buy one?

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Replies (11-20):
luvslilacs
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:58 PM
They had it in stock but we picked it up later because we didn't want to pay the higher sales tax to have it delivered to our house. They base the sales tax percentage on the zip code where you live if you have them deliver it.

Quoting easinpc:

Did they have it in stock for you to take then or did you have it delivered at a later time?

Quoting luvslilacs:

We bought our new one at Homemakers. Same products but cheaper price than Slumberland

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ferrari
by Felicia on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Fun! We so badly need one. Lol not sure why I we haven't :-/ I want a king :-)
easinpc
by Emily on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Thanks!

Quoting huskermom98:

DH & I have had a Select Comfort bed for several years and we love it (I couldn't imagine trying to sleep while pregnant on anything else...oh wait, I did while visiting family and I missed my bed!!!)  But even while not pregnant it's great because DH likes his side more firm than I do.

Last year we bought a fairly simple, but not bottom of the line mattress from Homemakers for our youngest's new twin bed--I've never spent a night on it, but it seems fine while I lay on it with him once in awhile.

easinpc
by Emily on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I've had that brand in the past and liked the bed.  It was so comfy!

Quoting Sweets32285:

I have a Simmons.  Not sure if there is a certain style to it.  It is so comfy.  It's sometimes hard to get out of bed in the morning, because I want to stay in it.  I got this in Dubuque though.

easinpc
by Emily on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Thanks!

Quoting luvslilacs:

They had it in stock but we picked it up later because we didn't want to pay the higher sales tax to have it delivered to our house. They base the sales tax percentage on the zip code where you live if you have them deliver it.

Quoting easinpc:

Did they have it in stock for you to take then or did you have it delivered at a later time?

Quoting luvslilacs:

We bought our new one at Homemakers. Same products but cheaper price than Slumberland

easinpc
by Emily on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Yeah I really need a new one.  The one I have is at least 10 years old and is not comfortable at all lol.  I think it may be part of the reason why I have a hard time staying asleep all night.

Quoting Ferrari:

Ferrari
by Felicia on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Ours isn't that old. I guess it just wasn't good quality. The springs are broken in places and noticed recently that the stitching around the edges are coming out. :-[

Quoting easinpc:

Yeah I really need a new one.  The one I have is at least 10 years old and is not comfortable at all lol.  I think it may be part of the reason why I have a hard time staying asleep all night.

Quoting Ferrari:

Bawyada
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I don't like sleep number it is like a air mattress.  If you can afford it, I would strongly recommend lebeda mattress that you can flip!! I am so annoyed with the new way most mattresses are made unable to flip! They say it lasts longer that way, but I believe it is just so people are forced to buy a mattress more often because once the mattress sinks in, you can't flip it! It is a racket in the mattress business that we are being forced to accept since there are basically no other options anymore. 

easinpc
by Emily on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Dislike :(

Quoting Ferrari:

Ours isn't that old. I guess it just wasn't good quality. The springs are broken in places and noticed recently that the stitching around the edges are coming out. :-[

Quoting easinpc:

Quoting Ferrari:

easinpc
by Emily on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Thanks!!

Quoting Bawyada:

I don't like sleep number it is like a air mattress.  If you can afford it, I would strongly recommend lebeda mattress that you can flip!! I am so annoyed with the new way most mattresses are made unable to flip! They say it lasts longer that way, but I believe it is just so people are forced to buy a mattress more often because once the mattress sinks in, you can't flip it! It is a racket in the mattress business that we are being forced to accept since there are basically no other options anymore. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)