Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

Cedar Rapids or Iowa City ob recommendations

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:33 AM
  • 5 Replies
Does anyone know of an ob in either area willing to deliver a breech baby vaginally? I'm 37 weeks 4 days and baby is still breech. I was supposed to have a home birth, but if we can't get baby to turn soon I won't be able to, which is completely depressing me. I absolutely do not want a hospital birth, but I would much rather have a hospital birth over a c-section. So does anyone have any suggestions of obs willing to do a vaginal delivery? Also, if not does anyone know of an ob willing to do a more natural c-section, such as allowing delayed cord clamping and never taking baby away from mom. I just need to cover all my basis to actually have some sort of happy delivery if baby doesn't cooperate. Thanks in advance :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
meam4444
by Representative on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Aww mama.  I hope your baby turns for you!   I don't know of any, but I hope some mamas are able to help.  Have you thought about calling some experienced doulas who have been with hospital births to see if they possibly know of the more "natural" care providers in the area?  Just an idea!  I hope you get the birth you wish for.

meam4444
by Representative on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:09 PM

And, please update us on how you are doing.  :-)

krn210
by Kristin on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I am from the Cedar Rapids area and would highly recommend my OB, however; I don't know her stance on your situation. If you would like her name, let me know. :-) 

ARPdrummer
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Thanks. Definitely going to try asking a doula. Hopefully my midwife will have some people in mind as well. Maybe I'll get lucky and the chiropractor will get baby to turn for me.

Quoting meam4444:

Aww mama.  I hope your baby turns for you!   I don't know of any, but I hope some mamas are able to help.  Have you thought about calling some experienced doulas who have been with hospital births to see if they possibly know of the more "natural" care providers in the area?  Just an idea!  I hope you get the birth you wish for.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Emily on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I don't (from the DSM area) but here's a bump for ya!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN