Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

crossing fingers that we dont get the flu

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:38 PM
  • 8 Replies

DD's friend was going to stay the night last night, well about 10pm she said she had a headache so i had her come upstairs to get some tylenol, she ate one and then all of a sudden she threw up all over the floor, poor kid.  she threw up about 3 times.  I called the mom and she came and got her, but cleaning up the stuff i was breathing it in.  I was hoping she just had too much to eat but her mom text me this morning saying that she had a fever and was still throwing up at 10am.  She was fine until about 10pm.  they were playing and watching movies and eating popcorn and juice and doing fun stuff.  i sprayed lysol all over the house and washed DD's sheets, pillow, pillow case and blanket.  I am REALLY hoping we dont get it.  DH and I haven't had the flu for about 6 years.  so i am really crossing my fingers! 

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
meam4444
by Representative on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Oy!!  I always freak when something like that happens.  We had that happen last year...I was a paranoid crazy mama.  I hope you guys stay healthy!  At least, you lysoled everything up right away.

Ferrari
by Felicia on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:16 AM
We've been pretty lucky this yr. No flu. Though dh started running a fever Friday night. It broke yesterday afternoon. :-\

I hope you guys don't get it. I'm disinfecting my house today lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Melissa_anne
by Representative on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Thanks!  yep I am freaking a bit too.  I told Bobby i am just waiting for it.  he told me to stop thinking about it or i am going to make myself sick.  every few hours i just go up and feel Dev's head to make sure she doesn't have a fever.  I honestly hope that if we do get it that Dev and I dont get it at the same time, I can't take care of myself and her at the same time, well I could but i dont want to LOL.  Bobby works nights right now so he will be sleeping if we get it during the day and he will be at work if we get it at night. 

Quoting meam4444:

Oy!!  I always freak when something like that happens.  We had that happen last year...I was a paranoid crazy mama.  I hope you guys stay healthy!  At least, you lysoled everything up right away.

Melissa_anne
by Representative on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:28 AM

thank you!  yeah i wasn't feeling good last night but then it just went away, so still crossing my fingers, if we haven't gotten it by monday or tuesday  i believe we are in the clear

Quoting Ferrari:

We've been pretty lucky this yr. No flu. Though dh started running a fever Friday night. It broke yesterday afternoon. :-\

I hope you guys don't get it. I'm disinfecting my house today lol

meam4444
by Representative on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Haha you sound just like me!  lol!  I would be doing the same exact thing!!  And, Mike would have the attitude "what will be will be!"  I think too with this year being a hyped up flu year,  I think it just makes it even more concerning. 

Keep healthy!  I hope if something does come down (fingers crossed you won't), it will be like how you said...different times.  It's rough being sick at the same time!!  Wow--you guys have quite the schedule with him being on at nights.  Do you work mainly during the day then? 

Quoting Melissa_anne:

Thanks!  yep I am freaking a bit too.  I told Bobby i am just waiting for it.  he told me to stop thinking about it or i am going to make myself sick.  every few hours i just go up and feel Dev's head to make sure she doesn't have a fever.  I honestly hope that if we do get it that Dev and I dont get it at the same time, I can't take care of myself and her at the same time, well I could but i dont want to LOL.  Bobby works nights right now so he will be sleeping if we get it during the day and he will be at work if we get it at night. 

Quoting meam4444:

easinpc
by Emily on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I hope you all stay healthy!!

Melissa_anne
by Representative on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:13 AM

well it's monday and we haven't gotten it yet, i hope we are in the clear. 

I work nights all the time.  his shift is the one that changes, he will go from days to mids to nights.  At least on the nights we both work I can hear his PD's radio traffic on my consol at work.  I would like a day job but not while dispatching, i love working the night shift while doing this because more interesting stuff happens at night plus i dont have anyone watching over my shoulder while i work lol

Quoting meam4444:

Haha you sound just like me!  lol!  I would be doing the same exact thing!!  And, Mike would have the attitude "what will be will be!"  I think too with this year being a hyped up flu year,  I think it just makes it even more concerning. 

Keep healthy!  I hope if something does come down (fingers crossed you won't), it will be like how you said...different times.  It's rough being sick at the same time!!  Wow--you guys have quite the schedule with him being on at nights.  Do you work mainly during the day then? 

Quoting Melissa_anne:

Quoting meam4444:

Melissa_anne
by Representative on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Thanks!  we haven't gotten it yet so i hope we are in the clear!

Quoting easinpc:

I hope you all stay healthy!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN