Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

Here I Come!

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:24 PM
  • 14 Replies

Well...my hubby accepted the job, and we have 2 weeks to find a place to live! He and I are going up there this coming wknd to look at places. We're mostly just going to look in Winterset, Norwalk, and Osceola...West Des Moines is just a little too far for him to drive back and forth from work everyday (his job is in Osceola). We're just looking to rent a place and almost NO real estate agencies list rentals online (a lot of them don't even deal with rental properties), so that's frustrating. We've been looking on Craigslist and have found a handful that we really like. None of you happen to know of anything or of a good way to find a house to rent there, do ya? If you do, help a girl out! If nothing else, fingers crossed, prayers, etc that we find something this next wknd!

So now I can really say that look forward to getting to know you all better and be more involved in the group :-)

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Representative on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!!  Wishing you the best with the big move!!  :-)  And, you are going to love this group of lovely ladies!!  Keep us posted on how things are going!  Sending you prayers that the right home comes your way!

luvslilacs
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:00 PM
I'd be glad to check with my friends who live in those areas if you want. Do you prefer town/city or country?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_81
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:25 PM

At this point, either! We enjoy aspects of both so we really just want a house that's a good fit for us. I would SO appreciate that! We just need at least 3 bedrooms (we have 2 daughters and another on the way) and are looking in the $1200/month or less range. :-)

Quoting luvslilacs:

I'd be glad to check with my friends who live in those areas if you want. Do you prefer town/city or country?

krn210
by Kristin on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Yay! Good luck with the move. :-)

Ferrari
by Felicia on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Congratulations!
I'm not really on the best way to look for rental properties.
luvslilacs
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I put out some feelers for you. I'll let you know if I come up with anything. Have you lived here before?
easinpc
by Emily on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Welcome to our state and good luck with the move!!

meam4444
by Representative on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:17 PM

bump for more mamas to see!!

Melissa_anne
by Representative on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:52 PM

i have a friend that lives in Winterset, i can ask her if there is a website that lists rentals or anything.  welcome to iowa!

Mommy_81
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:15 PM

That would be great! We love the location of Winterset and it looks like a nice placce to live.

Quoting Melissa_anne:

i have a friend that lives in Winterset, i can ask her if there is a website that lists rentals or anything.  welcome to iowa!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN