When my kids were little, they were with me most of the time, so for the most part, I didn't have to deal with the choices of other parents. Hey, I'm not perfect, but I would like to think I'm pretty considerate of others. Well, most of the time, anyway.
But now that they're all in school, it's like a constant barrage of inconsiderate behavior. Oh the annoying things parents do!
If you've got school-aged kids like me, then my guess is that you've had to deal with this as well. And while I do my best to grin and bear it, I'd really love to give these parents a piece of my mind.
- Send sick kids to school. Yes, I know parents work (I do!), and I know that it's hard to figure out care for them if you can't take off, but seriously, if your kid has a fever or uh, HEAD LICE, you're putting other kids at risk. Keep them home!
- Don't follow the classroom rules. When a memo is sent that no candy is allowed for school celebrations, like Valentine's Day for example, please follow that rule. Why not feed your own kid all the Fun Dip that you sent in? Or better, I'll send my kids to your house after they've eaten it all.
- Let them wear costumes. Do you realize how hard I have to try to get my kids to not wear ridiculous things to school? It's a daily battle. So when you let your kid wear a Spiderman outfit to class, I get to hear all about it for weeks and weeks.
- Let little girls wear high heels. Call me a "fuddy-duddy" but shoes with more than an inch heel on girls that are under 10 seems to be a poor decision, not just because really? do little girls need to wear shoes like that? but it's also not safe. Please stick to the good-old Mary Janes or sneakers!
- Pack crazy lunches. Whether it's piles of candy or those ridiculous bento-style lunches with fancy shaped sandwiches, enough already! Cookie cutters are for cookies; not strawberries cut in pretty shapes. I'm tired of hearing how boring my sandwiches and baby carrots are.
What things to other parents do that annoy you?