Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

Do you have a favorite restaurant in Iowa??

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 16 Replies

Do you have a favorite restaurant in Iowa??

What is the name of it and where is it located??

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ferrari
by Felicia on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Tasty Tacos! We really don't get a chance to go out to dinner.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Representative on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Ooh that does sound good!!

Quoting Ferrari:

Sweets32285
by Jen on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Machine Shed in Davenport.  Used to go there all the time with my mom when she lived there.  I'm sure I have more, but that's the first that comes to mind.

emilyelephant
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:28 AM

We really like Montana Mikes, we have one in Newton.  SO is obsessed with Famous Daves, but the BBQ thing gets old pretty quick for me

meam4444
by Representative on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Oooh yes!  Love the Machine Shed. 

Quoting Sweets32285:

Machine Shed in Davenport.  Used to go there all the time with my mom when she lived there.  I'm sure I have more, but that's the first that comes to mind.

easinpc
by Emily on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I love La Cabana over in Newton. 

easinpc
by Emily on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:14 AM

They have really yummy tacos!

Quoting Ferrari:

huskermom98
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I have two because there things I love and don't care for at both---Jethro's BBQ (any location) and Smokey D's BBQ, both in the DM metro area.  I love Jethro's ribs, sweet potato fries, cornbread muffins and Mac & Cheese, but not their brisket or prices.  I love Smokey D's brisket and potato casserole, but have had bad luck with the ribs.  I would ultimately have to go with Jethros because of their kids meal selections (My 5yo can get his two most favorite things--Quesadilla and applesauce!) but then again I hate how much they charge for the kids meals!

easinpc
by Emily on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I love both of those places!!  Especially the tenderlions at Smokey D's, lol they provide 2-3 meals for me!

Quoting huskermom98:

I have two because there things I love and don't care for at both---Jethro's BBQ (any location) and Smokey D's BBQ, both in the DM metro area.  I love Jethro's ribs, sweet potato fries, cornbread muffins and Mac & Cheese, but not their brisket or prices.  I love Smokey D's brisket and potato casserole, but have had bad luck with the ribs.  I would ultimately have to go with Jethros because of their kids meal selections (My 5yo can get his two most favorite things--Quesadilla and applesauce!) but then again I hate how much they charge for the kids meals!

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:58 AM
My favorite closed. :( it was my aunts in my hometown. Other than that. Haven't found any that are my absolute favorite. Besides the big names that we go to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)