Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Waffle Irons

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM
  • 18 Replies

Do any of you ladies have a waffle iron? If so, do you like it? Is it more hassle than its worth? We usually buy the frozen waffles, but I have been toying with the idea of getting a waffle iron and making our own. My thought was, that I could make big batches at a time and freeze. 

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweets32285
by Jen on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:57 PM
I like mine. I don't use it as much as I thought I would. It's super easy though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krn210
by Kristin on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Thanks! I'm glad that you said it's super easy. :-) I like easy. :-) 

Quoting Sweets32285:

I like mine. I don't use it as much as I thought I would. It's super easy though.

Sweets32285
by Jen on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:25 PM
I just use Hungry Jack pancake mix. They have a recipe on the box to make waffles

Quoting krn210:

Quoting Sweets32285:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krn210
by Kristin on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:29 PM

We have been on a pancake kick lately, that's what got me thinking about the waffles. :-) Have you froze any? 

Quoting Sweets32285:

I just use Hungry Jack pancake mix. They have a recipe on the box to make waffles

Quoting krn210:

Quoting Sweets32285:

huskermom98
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

DH makes breakfast on Saturday mornings and it's usually either waffles or pancakes (and occasionally something different and fun).  I prefer waffles over pancakes so he usually makes those more often.  We have a really old (7-10 years?) waffle iron made by White Westinghouse that works great--the best part is that the waffles fit into the toaster so he always makes extras so we can have them during the week too (kept in the freezer).  We have a George Foreman grill that has extra interchangable plates, including waffle plates and we used that for awhile, but they were too big to fit in the toaster so we went back to the little iron.

My stepmom has one of those fancy Belgian waffle irons that turns/flips over (like in some hotels that offer continental breakfasts).  We used it over Christmas to make breakfast and really liked it, but we don't have the room to store one.

krn210
by Kristin on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Awesome! Thanks! I think that I'm sold! I want one! Lol! 

Quoting huskermom98:

DH makes breakfast on Saturday mornings and it's usually either waffles or pancakes (and occasionally something different and fun).  I prefer waffles over pancakes so he usually makes those more often.  We have a really old (7-10 years?) waffle iron made by White Westinghouse that works great--the best part is that the waffles fit into the toaster so he always makes extras so we can have them during the week too (kept in the freezer).  We have a George Foreman grill that has extra interchangable plates, including waffle plates and we used that for awhile, but they were too big to fit in the toaster so we went back to the little iron.

My stepmom has one of those fancy Belgian waffle irons that turns/flips over (like in some hotels that offer continental breakfasts).  We used it over Christmas to make breakfast and really liked it, but we don't have the room to store one.

Sweets32285
by Jen on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:45 PM
I haven't tried freezing any, I've done pancakes before.

Quoting krn210:

We have been on a pancake kick lately, that's what got me thinking about the waffles. :-) Have you froze any? 

Quoting Sweets32285:

Quoting krn210:

Quoting Sweets32285:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM

We got one for our wedding. I threw the thing out just before we moved a couple months ago. I don't think I ever used it and we got married in 2003.

krn210
by Kristin on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:34 PM

How did the pancakes turn out? OK? My DH is picky...lol.

Quoting Sweets32285:

I haven't tried freezing any, I've done pancakes before.

Quoting krn210:

Quoting Sweets32285:

Quoting krn210:

Quoting Sweets32285:

krn210
by Kristin on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Lol....that's what I'm afraid of. 

Quoting barrelracer1699:

We got one for our wedding. I threw the thing out just before we moved a couple months ago. I don't think I ever used it and we got married in 2003.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)