Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

Spring break activities?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:58 PM
  • 14 Replies

What are you doing with your kids this spring break? 

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ferrari
by Felicia on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:19 PM

No plans. Guess I should start making some plans lol

huskermom98
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Leaving them to hang out with Dad while I go out of town for 4 days to go to a scrapbooking retreat!!!  When I get back we'll do the Science Center for sure, but not sure what else...

Sweets32285
by Jen on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:10 AM

We really don't have any plans, since we are far away from family now.  Hopefully it will be warm enough that we can spend some time at the beach.  Maybe go down to San Diego to the zoo.

Bawyada
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:03 AM

SO jealous!! We are in snow bound Iowa and I think the whole idea of spring break is rediculous!   We have nothing to do here.  Sorry for sounding bitchy, just venting! :-)

Quoting Sweets32285:

We really don't have any plans, since we are far away from family now.  Hopefully it will be warm enough that we can spend some time at the beach.  Maybe go down to San Diego to the zoo.

Sweets32285
by Jen on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Haha I have only lived in Cali since August and well 8 months during 2011.  As much as I want to be back in Iowa, I do not miss the snow.  I hear all my friends talking about the snow storm that's going on.  Although I will be moving back eventually, so I will be bitching with everyone else!  lol

Quoting Bawyada:

SO jealous!! We are in snow bound Iowa and I think the whole idea of spring break is rediculous!   We have nothing to do here.  Sorry for sounding bitchy, just venting! :-)

Quoting Sweets32285:

Bawyada
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:13 AM

That's funny! I didn't know you had any connection to Iowa! 

Quoting Sweets32285:

Haha I have only lived in Cali since August and well 8 months during 2011.  As much as I want to be back in Iowa, I do not miss the snow.  I hear all my friends talking about the snow storm that's going on.  Although I will be moving back eventually, so I will be bitching with everyone else!  lol

Quoting Bawyada:

Quoting Sweets32285:

Sweets32285
by Jen on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I was born and raised in Dubuque.  Lived there until I moved to Burlington in 2008-2011.  Moved to Cali in Jan 2011, moved back to Iowa in July 2011, moved back to Cali in August 2012.  I go to college through an Iowa college.  lol this girl is all Iowa.  I hate Cali, it's nice living a mile and a half from the beach.  All of my family lives in Dubuque, except for my mom.  She just moved to Vegas in January.

Quoting Bawyada:

That's funny! I didn't know you had any connection to Iowa! 

Quoting Sweets32285:

Quoting Bawyada:

Quoting Sweets32285:

easinpc
by Emily on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:14 AM

My son will be going to daycare and I'll be working.  I know the library in town has some activities planned that she normally takes the kids up to.

easinpc
by Emily on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:15 AM

have fun!

Quoting huskermom98:

Leaving them to hang out with Dad while I go out of town for 4 days to go to a scrapbooking retreat!!!  When I get back we'll do the Science Center for sure, but not sure what else...

meam4444
by Representative on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:07 PM

We may be taking a trip out East...not sure yet!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN