Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

Strengths & Weaknesses

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:10 PM
  • 9 Replies

For my management class we have to post what some of our strengths and weaknesses are, so I thought I'd post the same thing in here. What are some of your strengths and weaknesses? How do you use your strengths to your advantage and how are you (if you are) working to overcome your weaknesses?

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
krn210
by Kristin on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Ugh, I had to do this so many times in college. Lol. My strengths, my ability to listen also goes hand in hand with how compassionate I am. Which turns into a weakness...being too compassionate at times. Another weakness...animals. Lol. I want to save them all! Well the ones that need saving anyway. We do not have room nor the funds for this weakness. ;-)

Sweets32285
by Jen on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM

A weakness of mine is that I let people walk all over me.  I hate to hurt anyone, so I put everyone ahead of me and I put my feelings on hold.  I'm overcoming it by going to college.  I've been saying for over 4 years now that I wanted to go to school, but family life always came first.  When I moved here to California, I just snapped out of it.  I was over the bs that I have delt with, and decided it was time to put myself first.  I'm so glad I did.  I'm rocking school.  I was afraid for a long time.  

Ferrari
by Felicia on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

This is always seems to be difficult for me. lol  Not really sure why.

I am a good listener. I am dependable. Which tends to have my family always running to me when they need something or some form of help. I am compassionate. I am open minded.

A very big weakness of mine is that I am unorganized. I am working on this by setting myself small goals to accomplish and then rewarding myself when I've met those goals. The hopes in doing this will be that these things will eventually become habit and won't be a struggle for me any more. For example, one goal I've made is to make my bed every morning. I've been doing so every morning for the last 2 1/2 weeks and I can tell a difference in that one small action. My room is staying clean for one lol also, I now HAVE to make my bed as soon as I'm up and dh has been good about doing the same. I have to keep this up for a month (4 weeks) and then will earn my reward which I've chosen to be a new bedding set :-)

easinpc
by Emily on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Awesome!  What are you going to school for and where at?

Quoting Sweets32285:

A weakness of mine is that I let people walk all over me.  I hate to hurt anyone, so I put everyone ahead of me and I put my feelings on hold.  I'm overcoming it by going to college.  I've been saying for over 4 years now that I wanted to go to school, but family life always came first.  When I moved here to California, I just snapped out of it.  I was over the bs that I have delt with, and decided it was time to put myself first.  I'm so glad I did.  I'm rocking school.  I was afraid for a long time.  

easinpc
by Emily on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Awesome reward!  Lol my motivation for making the bed (mainly in the wintertime) is that my sheets get really cold and having the comforter on them helps keep them warm so my bed isn't freezing when I crawl into it at the end of the night  :)

Quoting Ferrari:

This is always seems to be difficult for me. lol  Not really sure why.

I am a good listener. I am dependable. Which tends to have my family always running to me when they need something or some form of help. I am compassionate. I am open minded.

A very big weakness of mine is that I am unorganized. I am working on this by setting myself small goals to accomplish and then rewarding myself when I've met those goals. The hopes in doing this will be that these things will eventually become habit and won't be a struggle for me any more. For example, one goal I've made is to make my bed every morning. I've been doing so every morning for the last 2 1/2 weeks and I can tell a difference in that one small action. My room is staying clean for one lol also, I now HAVE to make my bed as soon as I'm up and dh has been good about doing the same. I have to keep this up for a month (4 weeks) and then will earn my reward which I've chosen to be a new bedding set :-)

Sweets32285
by Jen on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:39 PM
I'm currently working on my Coding certificate. I'm also doing the degree for Health Information Technology. I go through Northeast Iowa Community College in Peosta. Although I'm all online since I'm in Cali.

Quoting easinpc:

Quoting Sweets32285:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Emily on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Awesome!  I'm working on finishing my associates in Business Admin through DMACC here in Des Moines but all my classes are online as well.  I'll finish at the end of this term and then plan to start workign on finishing my bachelors in Business Admin through Buena Vista and hope to have it done within a year and a half.  Good luck on your classes!!

Quoting Sweets32285:

I'm currently working on my Coding certificate. I'm also doing the degree for Health Information Technology. I go through Northeast Iowa Community College in Peosta. Although I'm all online since I'm in Cali.

Quoting easinpc:

Quoting Sweets32285:

Sweets32285
by Jen on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I had looked into DMACC a year and a half ago, but of course I never did anything about it.  Then I moved back here and just knew that I can't keep going on the way I am.  Moved here the end of August, by October I was constantly on the phone with the school.  I was just going to go for the Coding certificate, but after looking into it, I realized it was only an extra 9 classes to get the degree.  So I figured why not.  I'll probably look into hospitals back in Iowa.  I used to work across the street from the school I go to.  I went and talked to an advisor back in 2007.  Oh how I wish I would've actually went to school then.  I was afraid to take the accuplacer test.  Now I feel stupid about it... especially because I have A's for both classes right now.  I guess all the crap I deal with at home is the push I need to succeed.

Quoting easinpc:

Awesome!  I'm working on finishing my associates in Business Admin through DMACC here in Des Moines but all my classes are online as well.  I'll finish at the end of this term and then plan to start workign on finishing my bachelors in Business Admin through Buena Vista and hope to have it done within a year and a half.  Good luck on your classes!!

Quoting Sweets32285:

Quoting easinpc:

Quoting Sweets32285:

meam4444
by Representative on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:04 AM

A strength of mine is that I am a hard worker. I will do what it takes to get a job done..and I will do it well too.  I appreciate this work ethic that my parent's really instilled in me at a young age.  I had a professor who always said to me, "work hard and then play hard."

As far as my weakness goes, I can be a huge procrastinator.  I can be a wonderful planner, but depending on the the circumstance, I procrastinate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)