Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

Victoria's Secret for Tweens?!

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:37 AM
  • 8 Replies

Did any of you ladies watch Good Morning America this morning? (3/5) they had a story about a Mom blogger who said she can't wait to take her daughter to Victoria's Secret to shop for undies. Her daughter is 9, btw. Her reasonings were that she doesn't want her daughter to be known as the girl with ugly undies and that she wants to help her daughter embrace her emerging sexuality. So what do you ladies think? Appropriate or inappropriate? 

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:00 AM

The blogger on GMA this morning is Jenny Erikson from CafeMom's The Stir!!

Quoting krn210:

Did any of you ladies watch Good Morning America this morning? (3/5) they had a story about a Mom blogger who said she can't wait to take her daughter to Victoria's Secret to shop for undies. Her daughter is 9, btw. Her reasonings were that she doesn't want her daughter to be known as the girl with ugly undies and that she wants to help her daughter embrace her emerging sexuality. So what do you ladies think? Appropriate or inappropriate? 

Ferrari
by Felicia on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Its just undies. I'm not sure I'd buy my daughter undies from there just because I don't even spend that kind of money on undies lol

easinpc
by Emily on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh my, I would hope at that age they wouldn't be thinking about embracing their sexuality but I guess it is happening earlier and earlier now. 

easinpc
by Emily on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM

lol neither do I!

Quoting Ferrari:

Its just undies. I'm not sure I'd buy my daughter undies from there just because I don't even spend that kind of money on undies lol

meam4444
by Representative on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:23 PM

How cool!

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

The blogger on GMA this morning is Jenny Erikson from CafeMom's The Stir!!

Quoting krn210:

meam4444
by Representative on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not about to encourage them to embrace their "sexuality" whatever that may mean to that particular parent.  I honestly don't know what to make.  I don't think I will be taking my child there to purchase undies when a tween.

krn210
by Kristin on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I agree with you! I also agree with the other ladies as well and am not trying to start a $25 under-roo habit!

Quoting meam4444:

I'm not about to encourage them to embrace their "sexuality" whatever that may mean to that particular parent.  I honestly don't know what to make.  I don't think I will be taking my child there to purchase undies when a tween.

jessk27
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I think thats crazy although it is just undies I dont even go buy stuff from there it is just way to expensive and I think that if you let your young daughter get stuff like that they are going to want to go show it off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN