Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

17.4 more inches

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:03 PM
  • 8 Replies

DES MOINES, Iowa —Iowa Department of Natural Resources officials said the cold spring could have a big impact on wildlife populations.

March was the coldest in Iowa since 1975 and snowiest since 1998, according to a report by the Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship.

Officials said that only northwest Iowa had below normal snow fall amounts.

The report shows Iowa received an average of 31.3 inches of snow from Dec. 1, 2012, to March 31, 2013, an increase from 17.4 inches over the previous winter.

DNR officials said that in years following similar amounts of snow, there was little improvement in pheasant numbers across Iowa.

Officials said the next critical time period is spring nesting season in April and May.

If temperatures are above in those months and normal to below normal for rainfall, pheasant counts may increase.  If temperatures are below normal and rainfall is above normal, pheasant counts are likely to decrease.

Read more: http://www.kcci.com/weather/Coldest-March-since-1975-s-impact-on-Iowa/-/9358602/19678622/-/j8h48hz/-/index.html#ixzz2PzUJNiY1

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
easinpc
by Emily on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm more than ready for it to go away!!

Melissa_anne
by Representative on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:54 PM

^ i agree

Ferrari
by Felicia on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Sooo, what does that exactly mean?

meam4444
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Ugh..not looking foward to this snow!!

Melissa_anne
by Representative on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:23 AM

me either!  I am supposed to go to a training in Emmetsburg tomorrow and if we get this crap today, I am probably not going....  have i told you how much i HATE winter weather???

Quoting meam4444:

meam4444
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Melissa_anne:

me either!  I am supposed to go to a training in Emmetsburg tomorrow and if we get this crap today, I am probably not going....  have i told you how much i HATE winter weather???

Quoting meam4444:

Seesh!  Yea, you won't be going if it is what they are talking about.  At least, we aren't farther north..looks like the twin cities are going to get hit real hard!!  I do hope if we get something...it comes today.  I have to teach at church tonight, and I am exhausted.  While I love the kids I teach, I know it is going to be hard coming up with a lesson plan for tonight with it being so dreary out!  So, I am secretly hoping for it to be cancelled...but, then, we only have around three classes left...so I better enjoy the last few classes.  I think I am just overly tired this morning (as I ramble on).  lol  I better hit up Cabin Cofffee...mmmm

celestegood
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Same here.

Quoting easinpc:

I'm more than ready for it to go away!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Ugh!

Quoting meam4444:

Quoting Melissa_anne:

Quoting meam4444:

Seesh!  Yea, you won't be going if it is what they are talking about.  At least, we aren't farther north..looks like the twin cities are going to get hit real hard!!  I do hope if we get something...it comes today.  I have to teach at church tonight, and I am exhausted.  While I love the kids I teach, I know it is going to be hard coming up with a lesson plan for tonight with it being so dreary out!  So, I am secretly hoping for it to be cancelled...but, then, we only have around three classes left...so I better enjoy the last few classes.  I think I am just overly tired this morning (as I ramble on).  lol  I better hit up Cabin Cofffee...mmmm

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)