Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What stores are your favorite when it comes to shopping for your kids(s)?

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:56 PM
  • 15 Replies

What stores are your favorite when it comes to shopping for your kids(s)?

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melissa_anne
by Representative on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:30 PM

we shop for Dev mostly at Walmart or there is this consignment store near my parents that has really really cute clothes.  my mom goes there about twice a month and gets her clothes. 

Sweets32285
by Jen on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I like the Children's Place.  I usually have a coupon for 20% off that they let me keep and use more than once.  I got my son some shorts there the other day.  They rang up at $18, but I got them for $10.  They were under a sign that said "shorts $10".  I guess they were not to be included, but I got them for that price.  I love Justice for my daughter, it's just too expensive though.  Otherwise Kmart usually has some cute stuff for her.  I also look in the clearance section at Old Navy at the end of season or during.

Sweets32285
by Jen on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Consignment stores are awesome!  I loved the one we have in Dubuque.  I would get so many of their clothes there.  Brand name jeans for cheap.  I miss not being able to go there.  There is the Children's Orchard or something, somewhere around here.  Of course it's a drive to get there and i'm not even sure where it is.  I need to go find the place.

Quoting Melissa_anne:

we shop for Dev mostly at Walmart or there is this consignment store near my parents that has really really cute clothes.  my mom goes there about twice a month and gets her clothes. 

meam4444
by Representative on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I love consignment stores.  But, sometimes, I lack patience with them.  There was one in mason city (recently closed) which was kind of a boutique style consignment store for kids clothes.  It had some nice quality pieces in there.  I miss it.

Quoting Melissa_anne:

meam4444
by Representative on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Love the Children's Place!  I was just there yesterday.  I have to be so careful in there.  They have the best outlet stores too. 

Justice is very cute too...I agree, expensive! 

Quoting Sweets32285:

I like the Children's Place.  I usually have a coupon for 20% off that they let me keep and use more than once.  I got my son some shorts there the other day.  They rang up at $18, but I got them for $10.  They were under a sign that said "shorts $10".  I guess they were not to be included, but I got them for that price.  I love Justice for my daughter, it's just too expensive though.  Otherwise Kmart usually has some cute stuff for her.  I also look in the clearance section at Old Navy at the end of season or during.

meam4444
by Representative on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Carters, Oshkosh, Children's Place, Gap, Target, Gymboree, Kohls...and any consigment stores.  Oooh and Zulily or MyHabit...I love kid clothes.

meam4444
by Representative on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I forgot about ThredUp online which is a children's used clothing store online

krn210
by Kristin on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:24 PM

There is a consignment store close to home Puddle Jumpers that I love. Otherwise I like the Children's Place, Target and Babies/Toys R Us. 

Melissa_anne
by Representative on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:26 PM

i didn't know there was one that close.  i need to get down to the one by my parents, dev needs new shorts

Quoting meam4444:

I love consignment stores.  But, sometimes, I lack patience with them.  There was one in mason city (recently closed) which was kind of a boutique style consignment store for kids clothes.  It had some nice quality pieces in there.  I miss it.

Quoting Melissa_anne:

Meghan6391
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I <3 old navy. Not to expensive and i don't have a heart attack when my oldest rolls in the dirt lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)