Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

Please keep her in your thoughts ***Sad Update

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:04 PM
  • 4 Replies

This girl is from the town I live in and I went to school with her aunt and my brother went to school with the little girls mom.  Last I heard she was out of surgery and in very critical condition.  Please keep her and her family in your thoughts tonight.  I am definitely hugging my child tighter tonight.

PRAIRIE CITY, Iowa —A 4-year-old girl was hospitalized after being bitten by a dog in Prairie City on Monday afternoon, police said.

The girl was flown to a hospital in Des Moines for treatment.

Her condition has not yet been released.

More information will be posted as it becomes available.

Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iowa/Girl-4-hospitalized-after-being-bitten-by-dog/-/9357080/19853398/-/tg64tkz/-/index.html#ixzz2RFBayR9z

***Update 4/23/13  Sadly I was informed a little bit ago that the family removed the little girl from life support this morning at 10 am.  She is no longer with us.  Please continue to keep them all in your thoughts through this very difficult time.

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Jennifer508
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Praying.....My heart sank hearing about her passing also the 14 year old who was hit by a car and passed;( such a senseless tragedy.
easinpc
by Emily on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:39 AM

That happened about 20 minutes away from our town and several people from our community also knew that child.  There is a lot of sadness in our area right now. 

Quoting Jennifer508:

Praying.....My heart sank hearing about her passing also the 14 year old who was hit by a car and passed;( such a senseless tragedy.

meam4444
by Representative on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM

So sad.  :(  My prayers go out to the family.  I can't even imagine what they are going through at this time.  :(((((

Chan_Brawner88
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:11 AM
We used to live in prairie city. So sad. We had a 7 week old baby shaken to death here...so horrible. I hate losing kids! Babies!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)