Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

Don't take any moment for granted

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM
  • 7 Replies

As our community is trying to cope with the passing earlier today of a little 4 year old girl who succumbed to her injuries from a dog attack I just want to ask that everybody not take any moment with their child(ren) or loved ones for granted.  This has opened my eyes and made me really see how in our lives nothing is guaranteed and that nothing should be taken for granted.  Always make sure to tell your loved ones that you care about them and show them that they are loved, even if you may not be happy with them at that moment.  In the blink of an eye things could change and you may no longer have the chance to do so. 

I know I will definitely be hugging my son a little tighter and will be very greatful to be able to go home to him tonight as a family in my small town is no longer able to.

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
emilyelephant
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I didn't know she passed D': They were related to a friend of mine.
A 14 year old in our area died today after being hit by a man who was texting and driving on Sunday while walking his girlfriend home

easinpc
by Emily on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Was that the 14year old from Newton?  I had heard that he passed earlier today as well.  Yes the family has now confirmed that she was removed from life support and she passed earlier this afternoon.  I went to school with the little girls aunt and the girls mom was around my brothers age.  There is a lot of saddness in our community today with both the 14year old and the 4 year old passing today.

Quoting emilyelephant:

A 14 year old in our area died today after being hit by a man who was texting and driving on Sunday while walking his girlfriend home

emilyelephant
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Yes, it's very sad, I can't imagine going through something as heartbreaking as losing a child.

Quoting easinpc:

Was that the 14year old from Newton?  I had heard that he passed earlier today as well.  Yes the family has now confirmed that she was removed from life support and she passed earlier this afternoon.  I went to school with the little girls aunt and the girls mom was around my brothers age.  There is a lot of saddness in our community today with both the 14year old and the 4 year old passing today.

Quoting emilyelephant:

Melissa_anne
by Representative on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:46 PM

thats so sad, a friend of mine posted something about the little girl on facebook. 

Jennifer508
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I agree. My youngest son is 14 and my daughter is 5 and I can't imagine;( It is so sad;(
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I was so sorry to hear this when you posted yesterday. Such a tragedy and senseless loss of life.

meam4444
by Representative on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:41 PM

:( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)