Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

busy weekend!

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 8:56 AM
  • 8 Replies

Its going to be a busy weekend for me. Today I will be running around getting supplies for the baby shower I'm throwing for my sister that is tomorrow. I can't wait! I also need to do some cleaning on my house today as well. My grandma will be staying for 2 weeks. Also today is scrub day! Woohoo! Means we can get rid of junk that has been piling up and not have to pay! YAY! Yes. I am excited for this. I am throwing out an old dishwasher that no longer works, some odd piece remaining from a day bed we got rid of years ago, and planning on getting rid of a broken down deep freezer that dh can not fix. 

And of course tomorrow is the baby shower! 

I can't wait to get this all started! 

by on May. 18, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Sounds very busy! I have to work this weekend. So not much going on for me. Had a blast last night for SO's birthday. Hopefully tonight will be a quiet night of Chillin on the couch. Lol

Hope you have fun with the baby shower tomorrow!
Sweets32285
by Jen on May. 18, 2013 at 1:45 PM
This is my first event free weekend since March I believe. Whenever soccer started. I'm thinking about going out today and picking up somethings for my trip back to Iowa. I want some cute summer dresses. Then I want some new workout stuff. I'm on a mission. I've bumped up my workouts big time and started lifting again. I'm hoping to do the Color Run in DSM, since I will be back for it this time.
Melissa_anne
by Representative on May. 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM

busy weekend!  mine is not so much.  working this whole weekend.  went to a graduation party tonight and thats about it. 

Kisb323
by New Member on May. 19, 2013 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Last night I graduated, today was a small party with my close family and 1 distant member showed up. Then went to my friend's graduation party tonight. Tomorrow is a lazy day and doing laundry and getting jobs lined up/cover letters nd resumes.

Sounds like you had a busy weekend!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa_anne
by Representative on May. 19, 2013 at 7:07 AM

congratulations!!!

Quoting Kisb323:

Last night I graduated, today was a small party with my close family and 1 distant member showed up. Then went to my friend's graduation party tonight. Tomorrow is a lazy day and doing laundry and getting jobs lined up/cover letters nd resumes.

Sounds like you had a busy weekend!

meam4444
by Representative on May. 19, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Hope the shower went well!!

We were in Des Moines yesterday. Today, we had church and are now doing some shopping.
Ferrari
by Felicia on May. 20, 2013 at 4:45 PM

The shower was ok. 

It didn't go as envisoned, but that's too be expected. My BIL freaked out on me because his family didn't receive the invites I sent and my youngest sister invited her in-laws which I didn't think was that big of an issue especially since it wasn't like they didn't know them. Plus his wife, the one the shower was for, didn't care who was invited. He actually sent me a text late last night cussing me out in text. 

celestegood
by Representative on May. 21, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Sounds busy!  Have fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)