Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Memorial Weekend

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:36 AM
  • 17 Replies

Hi ladies! Does anyone have any fun plans for the holiday weekend? I hope everyone has a good 3 day weekend! :-)

by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I think this is a lay-low weekend.  We almost went up to Nothern MN (way up by Canada) for my Uncle's funeral tomorrow.  But, I just can't muster the energy up for the drive since I would have to go alone with the kids.  Monday is our 7th wedding anniversary though! :-)  I am sure we will just have a lovely family weekend and get some things done around the farm too.

meam4444
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Sweets32285
by Jen on May. 25, 2013 at 10:04 AM

We are having a huge party on Monday.  My daughter's Girl Scout troop is bridging from Daisy to Brownie.  So we are having a cookout at my friend/troop leaders house.  She said that our headcount is at like 70.  I think we are getting a blowup waterslide.  Other than that, no.  They have some events going on here on base.  I know there will be a 21 gun salute, but not sure where that is happening.  I live at the very top part of base and everything else goes on at the opposite end.  Which is like a half hour away.

Ferrari
by Felicia on May. 25, 2013 at 2:17 PM

We're working on decluttering our home so when and if we find a place we can move to it will be much easier. :-) Plus, I'm just sick of all this junk that has no purpose and is just ... well ... junk lol and then we'll be taking a drive to look at neighborhoods and take a look at some properties. Dh really wants to move to another house. I'm just wanting to get out of this 2 bedroom house! It needs work and we just don't have the time or money. Plus, we have 3 children. 2 boys and 1 girl. It just doesn't work. 

Any way lol nothing else really planned. 

meam4444
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Sounds like a fun party!

Quoting Sweets32285:

We are having a huge party on Monday.  My daughter's Girl Scout troop is bridging from Daisy to Brownie.  So we are having a cookout at my friend/troop leaders house.  She said that our headcount is at like 70.  I think we are getting a blowup waterslide.  Other than that, no.  They have some events going on here on base.  I know there will be a 21 gun salute, but not sure where that is happening.  I live at the very top part of base and everything else goes on at the opposite end.  Which is like a half hour away.

meam4444

Good luck with the decluttering!

Quoting Ferrari:

We're working on decluttering our home so when and if we find a place we can move to it will be much easier. :-) Plus, I'm just sick of all this junk that has no purpose and is just ... well ... junk lol and then we'll be taking a drive to look at neighborhoods and take a look at some properties. Dh really wants to move to another house. I'm just wanting to get out of this 2 bedroom house! It needs work and we just don't have the time or money. Plus, we have 3 children. 2 boys and 1 girl. It just doesn't work. 

meam4444

How about you??

krn210
by Kristin on May. 27, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Sorry to hear of your Uncle's passing. Happy Anniversary! 

Quoting meam4444:

I think this is a lay-low weekend.  We almost went up to Nothern MN (way up by Canada) for my Uncle's funeral tomorrow.  But, I just can't muster the energy up for the drive since I would have to go alone with the kids.  Monday is our 7th wedding anniversary though! :-)  I am sure we will just have a lovely family weekend and get some things done around the farm too.

krn210
by Kristin on May. 27, 2013 at 5:26 PM

That sounds like an awesome celebration. I hope you guys are having a blast! :-)

Quoting Sweets32285:

krn210
by Kristin on May. 27, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I hear ya! I'm so sick of the clutter in our house too. 

Quoting Ferrari:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)