Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

update on me

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:10 PM
  • 25 Replies

I believe I've found the most perfect place to move! Now I just need to get DH to agree and save up for the deposit. We are going to look at it tonight. 

I'm so nervous though. Because if he agrees, then we need to get the sizable down payment together. Of course, we have to apply first and keep our fingers crossed that we get approved. 

I'm meeting with a realtor on Monday. She's going to help me with figuring out all the options we have with this house. Sadly, I believe that we will have to do a short sale. We've been trying to do a modification on it, but I just learned today that you can not do a second modification or at least that is what I've found online. 

I've been working in my kitchen. I'm gathering items to put into our yard sale, which I believe will be July 20 & 21. I will post for sure when I make a final decision on that. 

I've gotten Madalynn all set in preschool starting in the fall. I am working on daycare for Tuesdays. Next semester, I will be more mindful to only schedule my classes during the times that she is in preschool. It'll make it easier that way lol

I can't be online much with getting my house in order. I had decided that no matter what, whether we stay or go, it needs to be decluttered badly. 

That's all I can think of right now lol I can't promise I'll be on much this week. I'm not even half way done with my kitchen and really since the realtor is coming out Monday I need get the house cleaned in time. 

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krn210
by Kristin on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Glad to hear from you. I hope that all continues to go well with your housing. Good luck with the yard sale too. Don't be too much of a stranger. :-)

Melissa_anne
by Representative on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM

good luck!!!  decluttering a house is hard work.  I know how much work we had to do when we sold our old house...

meam4444
by Representative on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Good luck!!
Ferrari
by Felicia on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I'm trying not to be lol but its been hard. I tend to spend too much time on the computer when I do get on. Hence the not coming on much lol

How have you been?

Quoting krn210:

Glad to hear from you. I hope that all continues to go well with your housing. Good luck with the yard sale too. Don't be too much of a stranger. :-)

Ferrari
by Felicia on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Took DH to see the townhouse I really like and it felt like he was just picking on it. It was like he was looking at it like he was buying the property. Fact of the matter is, we are not buying and he needs to concentrate on short term and not long term right now. I like the idea of getting a break from being completely responsible of a property. 

Hoping we can compromise. 

easinpc
by Emily on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Thank you for the update, I was wondering how things were going for you!  I hope you are able to get everything worked out!

easinpc
by Emily on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:41 AM

group hug

Ferrari
by Felicia on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I hope so. We've pretty much given up on staying at our current house, but in the long run, it'll probably be better to move on. In all honesty, we never planned on staying in this house longer than 5 years and now its been 12 years lol 

Its now between 2 places. DH hasn't seen the second one yet, so tomorrow we're going to do a walk through and then hopefully have a final decision by end of the weekend. I'm nervous about putting in an appication. I pray that whatever one we decide is a good fit for us we qualify for. 

Quoting easinpc:

Thank you for the update, I was wondering how things were going for you!  I hope you are able to get everything worked out!

celestegood
by Representative on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Good luck in everything. I am sure things will work out for the best for you all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Emily on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:41 AM

What'd you think of the 2nd place? 

Quoting Ferrari:

I hope so. We've pretty much given up on staying at our current house, but in the long run, it'll probably be better to move on. In all honesty, we never planned on staying in this house longer than 5 years and now its been 12 years lol 

Its now between 2 places. DH hasn't seen the second one yet, so tomorrow we're going to do a walk through and then hopefully have a final decision by end of the weekend. I'm nervous about putting in an appication. I pray that whatever one we decide is a good fit for us we qualify for. 

Quoting easinpc:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN