Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

How often do you visit the library?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:05 PM
  • 12 Replies

We are doing the summer reading program this year. Before this our trips to the library were pretty sporadic. It is sad actually because I used to spend a lot of time in the library when I was growing up because I loved to read and would spend hours at a time there.

Anyway, yesterday, the kid wanted to 'explore' after reading group was over. He LOVED it. He wanted to sit at the 'big' tables and read. He kept looking around at all the people. It was so sweet to watch his eyes light up like that. Im thinking we are going to make this a regular outing even after the summer program ends.

Do you and your little people visit the library often? Do they enjoy it? 

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Representative on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:26 PM

We don't visit it at all.  I remember visiting it often as a kid.  I think once the kids all get older, it will be easier to visit.  I have no idea how our library is either!

easinpc
by Emily on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM

When I'm not in school I go about once a week to get reading books.  If my son is with me he'll go when I go otherwise he goes with his daycare whenever they have activities there.  His school library (when they are in session) he goes about 2 x a week.  He loves to read!

easinpc
by Emily on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:57 AM

One perk of where we live (and the fact that its a small town) is that all we have to do is walk through our back yard, through the post office parking lot, cross the road and we're at the library lol

Redwall
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:59 PM

My "little people" are now 25 and 26, so they no longer go with me.  I go every weekend.  I LOVE to read!

Melissa_anne
by Representative on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:10 PM

during the school year we visited alot.  we haven't been in a while though... they dont have alot of the books i like to read but we mostly go for DD

motheroffour186
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Last year no because Childcare was all day and it was just me but this year I am cutting back on childcaew just second and third shift starting August when school starts back for us. However; we are going now to the summer program. We went every 6weeks the library is our resources for books.
MommyofSoso
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:19 AM
We go about 2x a week. We love the library!
celestegood
by Representative on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:43 PM
You totally should try it! They have a lot of fun stuff for kids at the library!

Quoting meam4444:

We don't visit it at all.  I remember visiting it often as a kid.  I think once the kids all get older, it will be easier to visit.  I have no idea how our library is either!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood

Quoting MommyofSoso:

We go about 2x a week. We love the library!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
I LOVE the library!

Quoting motheroffour186:

Last year no because Childcare was all day and it was just me but this year I am cutting back on childcaew just second and third shift starting August when school starts back for us. However; we are going now to the summer program. We went every 6weeks the library is our resources for books.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN