Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

morning sickness remedies

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:10 AM
  • 8 Replies

NO it is not for me LOL.  A friend of mine has really bad morning sickenss (well all day for her) and she is miserable.  Just wondering if you ladies had any ideas to get rid of it or lessen it. 

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
BABYBOY01
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:11 AM
I would eat Ramon noodles . It was the only thing I could keep down . That and crackers .
krn210
by Kristin on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Sorry. I'm no help. 

Melissa_anne
by Representative on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:17 AM

thanks ladies lol i am no help to her either.  I didn't have any morning sickness.. just had a stomach ache for 2 months but never got sick

easinpc
by Emily on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I wish I knew of something!  For the first 4 months I was sick morning noon and night :(  I hope she feels better soon!!!

FootballFan12
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Ginger is your best friend. Ginger snap cookies, or even sucking on ginger candy can help.

Melissa_anne
by Representative on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I see her saturday so i will tell her!  thanks!

Quoting FootballFan12:

Ginger is your best friend. Ginger snap cookies, or even sucking on ginger candy can help.

meam4444
by Representative on Aug. 31, 2013 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Small meals/snacks generally helps, ginger, lemon to water, peppermint have helped some manas before...just do what she has to do to get by. One pregnancy I think I lived off if fries and sprite. I generally only drink pop during the first trimester since water or anything flat makes me throw up instantly. All in all, morning sickness sends me into survival mode..whatever I have to do to get by even if it isn't the healthiest option. :-). I tend to look for triggers too (smells which make it worse, sights etc ..). We tend to order in food a lot due to
Smells.

Hope your friend feels better!!! Ms stinks!! I had it really bad my second pregnancy.
Melissa_anne
by Representative on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:50 PM

this is her first pregnancy and she wasn't sick the first month and she is lost on what to do. I told her about  the ginger stuff but i haven't talked to her since then so i will check back with her and see if it worked. thanks!

Quoting meam4444:

Small meals/snacks generally helps, ginger, lemon to water, peppermint have helped some manas before...just do what she has to do to get by. One pregnancy I think I lived off if fries and sprite. I generally only drink pop during the first trimester since water or anything flat makes me throw up instantly. All in all, morning sickness sends me into survival mode..whatever I have to do to get by even if it isn't the healthiest option. :-). I tend to look for triggers too (smells which make it worse, sights etc ..). We tend to order in food a lot due to
Smells.

Hope your friend feels better!!! Ms stinks!! I had it really bad my second pregnancy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)