Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

moved out of state with my kiddos and fiance

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:40 PM
  • 4 Replies

what kind of things should i do to meet people. we dont have any family or friends here and my fiance works all week so its just me and the babies and we live in a small town 35 minutes from des moines we really need friends to do playdates and meet mommy friends i will be 21 the end of this month and my fiance is 24 and our oldest son will be 2 in september and our youngest is 8 months please help with tips on how to meet new friends im going crazy :/

by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
krn210
by Kristin on Jul. 3, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Welcome to the group! :) Are you on Facebook? I have been able to find quite a few groups from my area that are full of mommies.  A lot of the groups have play dates and such. Maybe try that? 

mommy_morgan2
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Thank you i will try that!! (:

Quoting krn210:

Welcome to the group! :) Are you on Facebook? I have been able to find quite a few groups from my area that are full of mommies.  A lot of the groups have play dates and such. Maybe try that? 

krn210
by Kristin on Jul. 4, 2014 at 10:42 AM
No problem. :) I hope that you are able to find something. :)

Quoting mommy_morgan2: Thank you i will try that!! (:

Quoting krn210:

Roo1234
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Have you looked to see if there are any Mommy & Me type groups?  If not, consider starting one.  See if there are any local rec center programs available for your kids.  Religious institutions can also be a good resource if you are so inclined.  Another option is start hanging out in the nearby parks and introduce yourself to other moms.

The reality is that as much as you would like the opportunities to just plop themselves into your lap, you are probably going to have to really seek them out for a while and introduce yourself to as many people as possible just to find one or two 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN