Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Re-introducing myself.

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2015 at 12:53 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hello all! I see there isn't too much activity here, but there is enough I thought I would re-introduce myself since its been quite awhile since I've been on here, although I've been a memeber forever. I'm trying to make a comeback on here, as support and advice is somewhat lacking outside of here, and latley I am seeing how beneficial it would be to have more input from someone other than my mother! (who is amazing, don't get me wrong!)

I'm Kristen, I live in a small town about 20 minutes outside of Des Moines. I have two little girls, 5 and 3. I am a single parent, I work full time and go to school full time, so I'm quite busy!

Happy to be back!

by on Oct. 4, 2015 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Melissa_anne
by Representative on Oct. 5, 2015 at 2:30 AM

welcome back!

Im melissa, i live kind of near Mason City, i have a 10 year old daughter and a 14 year old stepson, i work full time and go to school part time.  

what are you going to school for?

keriley1
by Member on Oct. 5, 2015 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks! I'm going for a Human Services degree, so I can do counseling. :)

Quoting Melissa_anne:

welcome back!

Im melissa, i live kind of near Mason City, i have a 10 year old daughter and a 14 year old stepson, i work full time and go to school part time.  

what are you going to school for?

krn210
by Kristin on Oct. 9, 2015 at 10:10 PM
Welcome back Kristen. :) I don't live too far from you. I live in Cedar Rapids. :)
kadams00
by New Member on Oct. 15, 2015 at 9:50 AM

Welcome Back.... I am like you and have been a memeber forever but recently have gotten back on, life had gotten busy and I simply didn't spend much time at the computer if I wasn't at work... I am a mom of 4! I live in a small town in western iowa, My oldest is 9, and my youngest will turn 2 in December.... I teach alternative eductaion and simply love my job..... Again Welcome Back!

Nicole_2007
by Member on Oct. 18, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Welcome Back.

I am like you.  I have been a member for awhile but am just starting to get back into here.   I am Ronda,  I live in Oskaloosa.  I have a 9 year old daughter who was just diagnosed with Autism and a cleft palate,  I have a 6 year old son, a 3 year old son and a 3 month old daughter.  I am a SAHM due to all of my oldest daughters problems

goatmom4
by Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 11:41 AM
Wow that is alot for u hang in there
momof4kids257
by Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 11:57 PM

I also have been away ... in my case a stroke. but.. everything is righting itself. Stinks getting old..lol

I have 4 awesome children who proved how awesome they are.. when I was in hospital for month and half.They dropped what was happening and took care of their youngest brother for me. And then.. I know! ... have helped put me together again..like Humpty Dumpty..gosh I need to get out more.lol I had to talk..walk..it all over again. frustrating. Climbing 4 steps in the house never looked like a mountain before.. Now I take nothing for granted. :) Hang in there all.. Falls Coming Yay!!!!

momof4kids257
by Member on Sep. 2, 2017 at 2:49 AM

BUMP!

Tygermommanikki
by New Member on Sep. 2, 2017 at 2:53 AM

Hello, tonight's my first night back in years. I am a disabled mom of two special needs tennage boys nearly 14 and already 17. I live in a small town in TN. Nice to meet you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)