Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nevada Moms Nevada Moms

Favorite Campgrounds in Nevada

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:36 AM
  • 10 Replies

Where are your favorite places to camp in Nevada?

What do you like about these places?

If you have pictures, please share them!

Join Us InThe Nevada Moms Group

by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amyme63
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:00 PM
We like to camp at Nevada beach @ Lake Tahoe. The water is crystal clear and the beach is large enough that you don't feel crowded in. And the camp grounds are always nice and well maintained, with clean bathrooms! And there is a ton of hiking in the area, which we love!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dodie702
by Doriane on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:41 PM
We've never been camping, but I've heard Mt. Charleston has some nice campgrounds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ambear72
by Amber on Aug. 13, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Lake Tahoe has some really really Beautiful campgrounds.  They are all woodsy and the view is Breath Taking.

JMKristy
by Kristy on Aug. 16, 2012 at 12:02 PM
We have only ever camped at tahoe and mt charleston. I like charleston because it's close by, and a nice break from the heat in summer! Lake tahoe is absolutely beautiful! If we were closer, we would camp there more often!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momniscient
by Mandi on Aug. 16, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Sigh.

When I transplanted to Vegas I came straight off of a career as a river guide in the Grand Canyon.

Sadly... I got all... indoorsy. I've camped so many nights of my life and yet I haven't camped anywhere in Nevada. That is so pathetic :(

trae1982
by Timna on Aug. 16, 2012 at 12:47 PM
In Northern Nevada we go to Lahontan a lot because it is so close to us or we go to Frenchmans in California.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
duets
by Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 2:32 PM

My fav is the campground @ Lee Canyon.  If you wanna get away from the hustle & bustle, enjoy some peace & quiet, nature & the beauty of the mountains....then this is your place!

duets
by Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Mt Charleston is awesome when it comes to camping sites!  

Quoting Dodie702:

We've never been camping, but I've heard Mt. Charleston has some nice campgrounds.

idee
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 8:05 PM

We've never been camping together. I once went misletoe hunting though in California and camped then with my family when I was a kid.

But we plan to go camping next summer vacation. This past summer we went to Disneyland and visited family in California.

lorsmommy08
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Kingston, ely, and Belmont areas. June Lake and Truckee are fun too but they are not nv.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN