Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nevada Moms Nevada Moms

If you're not from Nevada, what do you miss from where you used to live?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:11 PM
  • 20 Replies

I miss Portillo's from Illinois.  They have a location in Buena Park, so we always make sure to eat there when we visit California.

by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngryBob
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:51 PM

i consider myself "from" nevada, since i was raised here, but i spent a year and a half in tennessee, and i miss it. i miss the green. don't get me wrong - i LOVE the desert landscape. loved it my whole life. but that green just gets ya. i miss when the leaves turned the most vibrant colors in the fall, and i miss the springtime.

i do NOT miss the bugs.

but there was something so beautiful about that place. dh and i talk about moving there all the time. we went out there to visit some of my friends, and he fell in love with it, too.

wildberry
by Alena on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:42 PM
I miss beautiful Boston summer, where you actually enjoy being outdoors. Of course when winter comes, I do NOT miss all that snow and freezing cold. I miss my friends and family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krista1234mo
by New Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:02 PM

We are from Tennessee and have been in NV for a little over 2 months now. What we have there is a lot of trees and streams. One thing that I really miss is big trees! However, I think I can trade in those trees for not having to deal with the high humidy there! One reason NV is growing on me! :-)

1likeme
by Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I miss grass.
JMKristy
by Kristy on Aug. 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm from northern ca. I miss green! The smell of grass and trees, beautiful lakes and rivers. The beach and cool summer nights!! I miss true friends, and most of the time family too! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dodie702
by Doriane on Aug. 17, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Bump! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
One_Awesome_Mom
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Grass plain and simple. I'm from Florida and I love to lays on the grass, and walk barefoot, can't do that here.

Lol I guess mine is not so uncommon!!
amyme63
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 12:18 PM
I'm with everyone else... I miss the trees! I also miss cloudy days. It is always so sunny here! Of course, as I type this it is totally cloudy. But its so rare! I love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jesca4u
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I grew up in Oklahoma and I miss the thunderstorms!!!

Momniscient
by Mandi on Aug. 17, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Green!!!! Trees! Water!

Playing outside.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)