Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you're not from Nevada, what do you miss from where you used to live?

I miss Portillo's from Illinois.  They have a location in Buena Park, so we always make sure to eat there when we visit California.

by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
Momniscient
by Mandi on Aug. 17, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I miss weather in general. I get soooooo excited just when it clouds up a little. lol

I feel like the opposite of those NW folks who never see sun...

Quoting Jesca4u:

I grew up in Oklahoma and I miss the thunderstorms!!!

DixieL
by Dixie on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I grew up in California. When I was a teenager I loved everything about the San Fernando Valley where I lived. Now I don't miss anything about it.

Emdase
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:08 AM
OP- I'm from IL too :) Chicago.

I miss thunderstorms (ones that last more than 5 minutes anyways), good hotdogs and Lou Malnati's pizza.

Anyone know of ANY good deep dish pizza in LV?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JuliaWoods99
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Playing outside.

JulieJacobKyle
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:48 PM

There was a place open briefly at Ann and 95, but they closed.  That was the only decent deep dish pizza I've had. :(

Quoting Emdase:

OP- I'm from IL too :) Chicago.

I miss thunderstorms (ones that last more than 5 minutes anyways), good hotdogs and Lou Malnati's pizza.

Anyone know of ANY good deep dish pizza in LV?

duets
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 3:04 PM

I miss the green grass, the season changes such as Fall when the leaves change colors, Cades Cove in the Smoky Mtns, my family there, watching the Vols play football & going to the games.   

caseyloo
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I'm from NE Ohio and I miss just about everything!  I really miss the changing of the seasons, the lake, and my family.

idee
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM
I am from redondo beach, ca originally. And I miss el toritos, the beach, foggy mornings in the field, driving over Portuguese bend, Disneyland weekends, rollerblading on the strand, and my boogy board.
Momniscient
by Mandi on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Water!!!! Green!!!! Treeeeeesssss

lol

Momniscient
by Mandi on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:42 AM

I long for seasons too. I grew up in N Utah and miss actual transitions and weather :)

Quoting caseyloo:

I'm from NE Ohio and I miss just about everything!  I really miss the changing of the seasons, the lake, and my family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)