Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nevada Moms Nevada Moms

school tomorrow....update

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 3:17 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this
Anybody else have their kids starting school tomorrow? My son is starting kindergarten. It is a bitter sweet time for us. He is my oldest and can't believe it is that time already. This year is the first year they are doing all day kindergarten too.

How did you mamas deal with your little ones starting school?

Update: My sons school called tonight to welcome us to the school, it was a recording but was nice. They ended up having a story read to the family over the phone about starting school. I had to hold back the tears, I just wanted to start bawling. Now my son is tucked into bed and is so excited about tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulieJacobKyle
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 3:26 PM

We have another week to go before ours start on the 27th. 

This week will be so busy.  Kyle's last day of tutoring is tomorrow.  Then I have to take my grandmother to the doctor Tuesday.  Wednesday both kids have their exit evaluations for tutoring, then Jacob's karate class, then later my husband Troy and I have karate.  Thursday I have a doctor appointment and then Jacob, Troy, and I have our fit tests.  Then Friday is the school's open house, then Jacob's belt testing.  Saturday is Troy and my belt testing.  I want to do absolutely nothing on Sunday before we start with our school routine on Monday.

trae1982
by Timna on Aug. 19, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Omgoodness you weren't joking when you said you are going to be busy. Yea I am glad we get to relax today before school tomorrow.

Quoting JulieJacobKyle:

This week will be so busy.  Kyle's last day of tutoring is tomorrow.  Then I have to take my grandmother to the doctor Tuesday.  Wednesday both kids have their exit evaluations for tutoring, then Jacob's karate class, then later my husband Troy and I have karate.  Thursday I have a doctor appointment and then Jacob, Troy, and I have our fit tests.  Then Friday is the school's open house, then Jacob's belt testing.  Saturday is Troy and my belt testing.  I want to do absolutely nothing on Sunday before we start with our school routine on Monday.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
duets
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 3:39 PM

dito, we start on the 27th also.  This week is going to be busy, being the last week of Summer Vac.  Btw, where do you all take Karate?  My son's also take karate.

Quoting JulieJacobKyle:

JulieJacobKyle
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 3:47 PM

We go to Victory Martial Arts at 215 and Cheyenne.

And I forgot that three of us also have karate class tomorrow, so that's one more thing.

Quoting duets:

dito, we start on the 27th also.  This week is going to be busy, being the last week of Summer Vac.  Btw, where do you all take Karate?  My son's also take karate.

Quoting JulieJacobKyle:

duets
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Oh, okay...thanks.  We go to United Studios of Self Defense.  The boys took Tae-kwon-do for 5 yrs @ another studio....Lone Mtn, Tae-kwon-do. 

Quoting JulieJacobKyle:

We go to Victory Martial Arts at 215 and Cheyenne.

And I forgot that three of us also have karate class tomorrow, so that's one more thing.

Quoting duets:

Quoting JulieJacobKyle:

Dodie702
by Doriane on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:48 PM

My dd Alyna started preschool last year and it was really hard for me. It got easier for me after the first couple weeks. She loved it. No tears and I have to remind her to give me a goodbye hug and kiss.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
DixieL
by Dixie on Aug. 19, 2012 at 6:01 PM

I know how times flies by. It seemed like yesterday when my son was in kindnergarten, but he is twenty six years old now. If you are a SAHM you can go help in his class sometimes. That's what I did and even though it was still hard, it wasn't as hard. You will get used to it and he will love it. Congratulations on your sons first day of school.

trae1982
by Timna on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Aiden went to pre k last year but this just seems to be way harder for me. I have already cried a couple times. Lol.

Quoting Dodie702:

My dd Alyna started preschool last year and it was really hard for me. It got easier for me after the first couple weeks. She loved it. No tears and I have to remind her to give me a goodbye hug and kiss.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trae1982
by Timna on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Thank you so much for the advice. I am a SAHM I have two little ones that will be home with me, I would love to find a sitter and help out in the class room from time to time. :) Time sure does fly by that's for sure.

Quoting DixieL:

I know how times flies by. It seemed like yesterday when my son was in kindnergarten, but he is twenty six years old now. If you are a SAHM you can go help in his class sometimes. That's what I did and even though it was still hard, it wasn't as hard. You will get used to it and he will love it. Congratulations on your sons first day of school.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMKristy
by Kristy on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Mine don't start until the 27! Good luck tomorrow!!! I hope he has a wonderful day!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)