Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nevada Moms Nevada Moms

Women’s Healthcare Changes

Posted by   + Show Post

Because of Obamacare, most health insurance plans will now begin to fully cover these eight health services as part of women's preventive care.  Do any of these affect you?

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Replies (11-15):
celestegood
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:48 PM
I love the coverage for kids up to twenty six provision. And my son has one lung, so I'm SUPER happy with the pre-existing conditions provision! This is a definite step in the right direction.

Quoting DixieL:

@1 affects all of us, but the rest of them will affect a lot of people. In this country we need all the help we can get, especially in the health care department. Our kids will be covered until they are twenty six. We can't be turned down for pre-existing conditions. I have a lot of those. My husband has no insurance at all, so it is already helping him. It will really help him when it goes into full effect.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:50 PM
I am happy to hear that.

Quoting NV_Mom:

YES! Several of these things will benefit me, even with existing insurance.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieL
by Dixie on Sep. 23, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Quoting celestegood:

I love the coverage for kids up to twenty six provision. And my son has one lung, so I'm SUPER happy with the pre-existing conditions provision! This is a definite step in the right direction.

Quoting DixieL:

@1 affects all of us, but the rest of them will affect a lot of people. In this country we need all the help we can get, especially in the health care department. Our kids will be covered until they are twenty six. We can't be turned down for pre-existing conditions. I have a lot of those. My husband has no insurance at all, so it is already helping him. It will really help him when it goes into full effect.

I'm so sorry that your son has only one lung, but I'm very happy that he won't be turned down. I can't wait until it is in full effect. My husband has no insurance either. My prayers are with you and your family. Good Luck.

Dodie702
by Doriane on Sep. 23, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Yep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting DixieL:

I'm so sorry that your son has only one lung, but I'm very happy that he won't be turned down. I can't wait until it is in full effect. My husband has no insurance either. My prayers are with you and your family. Good Luck.

Thank you very much.  He was born this way, and  it seems the only thing it affects is his insurance premiums!  We've had a horrible time with him and insurance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN