Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nevada Moms Nevada Moms

TLC Has A Lot Of Different Reality Shows

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 5:06 AM
  • 8 Replies

Have you seen "Sister Wives" If you have do you like it or not? Could you live that way?

by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 5:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
DixieL
by Dixie on Sep. 22, 2012 at 5:10 AM

To me if my husband wanted more than one wife, he would have to divorce me. I'm not a jealous person, but I'm not willing to share my husband with another wife or even more.

trae1982
by Timna on Sep. 22, 2012 at 12:04 PM
I watch it and no I do not think I could do it. I will not share my husband and if he wants another women to come into our marriage and home he will have to divorce me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rfhsure
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I haven't watched it in great depth, but I've watched enough times to say fuck that! My sister is into the 'polyamorous' thing. Her argument is that it's done in such a way where there's no jealousy, and humans just aren't meant to be monogamous creatures and bladhy blah blah. However, she comes home upset all the time because of jealousy she experiences with the people she loves. And her polyamorous friends are constantly bickering and muttering behind eachothers backs. The jealousy is rampant, whether they paint a pretty picture or not. Humans are mammals, that is true enough, and towards the beginning of time it was sensible for humans not to be monogamous in order to create and maintain a population. But time changes, as does our genetic makeup and belief systems as our environment changes around us. I think humans, at least the humans of the last 500 or so years are in fact wired for monogamy. many other animals on the planet are as well, so there's no reason we can't be! No offense to those in polyamorous relationships, because they come in many different forms, but as for my sisters particular group of friends, they all slept around with eachother before they decided to get into that lifestyle. so in their case, I see it more as an excuse not to commit and be able to freely sleep around without being condemnded by others for it. so it's just dressed up and named. But the reality of it is they're just doing what they always did.

In this family's case, I just don't really get it. True love, in my opinion, is honestly, deeply committing to one person because you know that is the only person you'll ever want for the rest of your life. How can you say you're 'truly' in love with each of your wives? that's not true love. Maybe he loves all of them, but he can't be in love with all of them. At least I can't see that. Why marry someone if you plan to marry a bunch of others too? It doesn't make sense to make that kind of commitment. I don't know much of their backstory, but did he fill her in on his plans before they got married? Or did hejust bring it up to her one day? Seeing as it is a part of their religion I can see how that's more accepted and tolerated amongst them, but I would never marry someone if I didn't at least know then that they were the only person I would ever want to be with from that point on.

JulieJacobKyle
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I've seen it.  It's interesting.  I could NEVER live that way.  Never.

Ambear72
by Amber on Sep. 22, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I have seen it, no I could not live that way.  I didnt mind the show, but that life style isnt for me.  It hard enough with one spouse, I couldnt imagine more then one.  Even for my SO

Dodie702
by Doriane on Sep. 23, 2012 at 1:34 AM
I love watching Sister Wives. They seem like good people who love and care for their children. I don't care how they live, but it's not for me. I couldn't share my dh with anyone. I am very selfish. I want all of my dh to myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I think TLC has gone down hill.  I have never watched that show.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

1likeme
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:35 PM
I have seen it and I would not live that way. Those people struggle with their lives way to much for me to consider it a lifestyle filled with joy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN