Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nevada Moms Nevada Moms

Globe of Death

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:21 AM
  • 6 Replies
We watched this yesterday. My boys lived it!

Posted: Sat 11:09 PM, Sep 22, 2012
Reporter: Rebecca Kitchen Email
Back to HomePage
'Globe of Death' rides in Reno

RENO, Nev. Street Vibrations is a chance for bikers to proudly show off their motorcycles. But some riders are taking it to the next level by performing in a 'Globe of Death'.

Two motorcycle stunt shows were featured during this year's Street Vibrations Fall Rally.

One took place at the Sparks Nugget. The other, on Center and Fourth St., and that is where you will find the 'Globe of Death'.

John Stotts, owner of 'Cage of Death', has a long history of daredevil performing. It all started when he performed as a pro BMX rider in Vegas. The show had a globe, and Stotts says sometimes he and the other riders would sneak in and play.

"The owner final decided to actually teach people how to use it," he said.
"It takes about two years to learn. You can learn in a month, but that doesn't mean you know what you're doing, and we're not going to ride with you."

Stotts now owns his own globe and performs with motorcycles instead of bikes.

"This is a project of love," he said. "I spend about 80 hours a week playing with it and only getting paid for a small amount."

But despite the long hours Stotts wouldn't trade his job for anything in the world.

"It's great. You get paid to travel, you get to see the world, and what better than to have everyone at the event come and watch you."

The 14'-6" diameter globe can hold up to five riders, and with that many people riding at 35 miles per hour, every move must be precise.

"You have one person controlling speed, somebody going into the trick first, and somebody coming out of the trick first," Stotts said. "Everything we do is choreographed."

They're performances during Street Vibrations may be finished for this year, but you can check out more of the action on their website www.globeofdeath.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Slots.Shows
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 12:55 PM

I have seen something similiar to this before. Kind of scary but equally cool to see.

Dodie702
by Doriane on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Never heard of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ambear72
by Amber on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Quoting Dodie702:

Never heard of it.

Ambear72
by Amber on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Ambear72
by Amber on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:55 PM

DixieL
by Dixie on Sep. 24, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I have never seen it, but it sounds pretty scary to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN