Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Lot Of People Are Already Voting

Posted by   + Show Post

Would you want to vote without seeing at least one debate?

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Replies (51-57):
BloodyAngel7476
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 8:42 AM

i all ready know who i want to vote for i don't need to see the last debate.

BarbaraLS
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I've already decided who I want to vote for this time around, though usually I tend to watch the debates because I vote on issues myself.

I'm confused by the numbers of people on here claiming that they "do not hate the rich," as if that is an issue that has come up. I have not seen one single person claiming to be voting for Obama saying anything about Romney's wealth. What I have seen is people saying that the Romneys are out of touch. When Romney can make the sorts of comments about 47% of the U.S. population that he did (all while being served by people who are probably part of that 47%), I can see why they feel that way. And as for higher taxes, to the best of my knowledge, 14% is not "higher" or "more" taxes than most people--its far far less. Where does that claim come from?

And for the record, capitol gains are GAINS on money invested. The taxes are on the GAINS, not the original, presumedly already taxed, money that was invested. Romney himself is trying to use the argument that this money was already taxed, but this is just false, and his claim in the 60 Minutes interview that he would give a "tax break" to the middle class by cutting "capital gains" taxes was pretty disengenuous, at best. The people who would benefit the most by that are people like the Romneys themselves, who get most of their income from investments. Do YOU know many people who are middle class who do that?

Mind you, I would LOVE to be in a position to live off income from investments (who wouldn't?)--I do NOT hate the rich (that is a rather silly argument, and seems meant to deflect from the real issues), but I do think people handing their money off to blind trusts and living off the proceeds ought to be willing to pay at least the same rate as someone who has to work their tail off to make a living does.

razzmotaz
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm 100% TRUE BLUE all the way! However, I still want to watch  the debates. Can't wait to see what kind of silly stuff Mittens has to say!
american flag ribbon

hbeamy
by New Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Please tell everyone you know to see Obama 2016, then decide. 

Saerise
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Well my mind is pretty much already made up, but I suppose it is best to wait, and see if my horse in the race says something that I just can't forgive him for. But in that case, I probably just wouldn't vote in that race at all.
WritingMom777
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:27 PM

LOL sweetmomma326! 

Quoting sweetmomma326:

You make so much sense, maybe when I am in the 40's, you can be my running mate hehe....we would rock the white house! 

Quoting WritingMom777:

Quoting ckbandjab:

I have known for a while that I will be voting for Romney. He isn't against women. Women should pay for their birth control. I am tired of liberals whining about how rich he is. In one year he donated 4 million dollars to charities. Compare that to Biden's 300. The liberals are always generous with other peoples money. The secret video that was leaked just made me finally excited about voting for him. I don't hate the rich. I am working hard to become rich! Go Mitt!!!

I respect that you will vote for Romney but I am a little confused about the position about birth control pills.

First, I am INFERTILE but had to take birth control pills for many years per my doctors orders as it was the only way to control my excessive bleeding.  My first period at age eleven I bled nonstop and heavily for over three weeks straight and that was the norm until my doctor put me on the pill.  At $25 a month that would have been a huge burden for my parents to pay for that for their virgin daughter.  And no, the insurance company does not differentiate for WHY you are on the pill.  I know many others in the same boat.

Second, without birth control there would be a lot more children born to already poor parents.  Wouldn't you prefer that less children are born to parents who can not afford to care for them?  Otherwise, there are more people who now need to be fed, clothed.  

Third, if insurance companies don't want to pay for birth control pills then why are they so eager to pay for Viagara.  Why is it okay for a man to get an erection paid for?  Makes me think that men are making the decision . . .

By the way, please don't assume that those who do not support Romeny are poor and wanting handouts.  Our family makes good money and we are happy to pay our fair share of taxes . . . a much bigger share than Romney pays (double what he paid last year).  I have no problems with Romeny being rich.  Totally not the point.  Woudn't mind being that wealthy myself.

joey125
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:05 PM

The movie 2016 is nothing but a propaganda stunt, it totally disgusts me to think we have so little respect for our President  What makes this movie factual, is it because Fox news says so, nothing but  a cheap shot

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)