Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nevada Moms Nevada Moms

Early Morning Attack: What would you have done?

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:00 AM
  • 7 Replies

Imagine that it's very early in the morning, and you're heading out the door to go to work. You open your garage door, get in the car...and see a masked man with a gun.

According to KTNV-ABC news, that's pretty much what happened to a woman in Summerlin (an area of Las Vegas) on Monday morning.

Apparently the man fired a shot at the car as the woman quickly backed out of her driveway in an attempt to escape from the attack. Luckily, it appears that the woman was unharmed and no one else was injured.

Police suspect that the attack might have been pre-planned and was not random. It seems that the attacker may have known what time the woman would be leaving for work.

Although no description of the attacker has been released, it has been reported that he was wearing a mask like the one from the Scream movies. Anyone with information about this incident should contact police or Crime Stoppers.

This story is incredible to me. How many times do we go outside each day--to take out the trash, get in our cars, check the mail--and the last thing we expect is to see a man in a mask. This story has reminded me that it is always smart to be aware of your surroundings every time you leave the house...even if you're just walking to the end of your driveway.

These days, is there such a thing as being too cautious?

Image: ©istockphoto.com/wsfurlan

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
NV_Mom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:21 AM

That is insane.

I agree that we need to be aware of our surroundings at all times. Sadly, even in our own homes.

When I am in my home, day or night, I always have the panic alarm on. You can never be too careful.

DixieL
by Dixie on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I was never afraid of anything, until I started watching Investigation Discovery. I used to walk my dog in the alley at three in the morning. We lived close to the Orleans, but you had to take back roads to get there. When our car was broken down, I would walk there at night. Now I hate answering the door during the day. No I don't think there is such a thing as being too cautious. I'm really glad that lady is ok. She was really lucky.

Slots.Shows
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:39 PM

That is just scary.

JulieJacobKyle
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:38 PM

OMG that is so scary!  How many of us leave the house each morning with our children, going to school?  When I'm opening the garage door, my kids are usually putting on their shoes and getting into the car.  That freaks me out.

Reina13
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Yes! Exactly.

Quoting JulieJacobKyle:

OMG that is so scary!  How many of us leave the house each morning with our children, going to school?  When I'm opening the garage door, my kids are usually putting on their shoes and getting into the car.  That freaks me out.

Dodie702
by Doriane on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:45 PM
That's scary!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM

That is insane.  I may live in a safe neighborhood, but I am still cautious.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN