Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holiday Fun in Reno and Las Vegas

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:00 AM
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this

It's hard to believe that the holiday season is almost here! In one week, we'll all be celebrating Thanksgiving with our families...and then the pre-holiday chaos begins. Many moms will be preoccupied with making holiday travel arrangements, doing Christmas shopping, and planning holiday parties.

With all of the long to-do lists, it can be difficult to remember that an integral part of the holiday season is finding time to spend with family and friends. That's why these upcoming holiday events are so important. It gives us a chance to remember the true meaning of the season and spend time with loved ones.

You can get into the holiday spirit at several locations and events in Las Vegas. Ethel M Chocolate Factory is celebrating the season with its 19 Annual Holiday Cactus Garden. Check out the beautiful holiday lights (not to mention the awesome cacti and other desert plants) and listen to the music of local choirs. Click here for more information.

Another option for family fun in Las Vegas is the Holiday Spectacular at Springs Preserve. Colorful LED lights, treats, and arts & crafts will keep the kids busy at this celebration. For more information, click here.

If you want to have fun and help support a good cause, check out the Magical Forest at Opportunity Village. Elaborate light-displays, fun rides for the kids, and appearances by Santa himself make this a fantastic way to enjoy an evening out with the family. For more information, click here.

If you live in northwestern Nevada, never fear! There are plenty of opportunities for holiday fun that you can enjoy in and around Reno. The City of Reno will light its holiday tree on Nov. 20, 2012 on the City Plaza. Stick around after the tree-lighting for ice skating and other fun activities. For more information, click here.

If you miss the tree-lighting ceremony in Reno (or if you just can't get enough of the tree-lighting excitement) head to Sparks on Nov. 30 to see their holiday tree and enjoy carolers and other entertainment. For more information, click here.

Another option is to take a little drive to South Lake Tahoe, CA for the Festival of Trees and Lights. Family Night is Nov. 30. Click here for more information on the family-friendly festivities.

No matter how you choose to spend your holiday season, I hope you have a happy and healthy winter. 

What is your favorite way to celebrate the holidays?

Image: Šistockphoto.com/Hillary Fox

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Ambear72
by Amber on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:41 PM

There is also a parade in Sparks with all kinds of activities and i think their tree lighting ceremony.  Its usually the 1st Saturday in December. 

Dodie702
by Doriane on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:18 PM
We go to the opportunity village and see their lights. It's usually really nice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DixieL
by Dixie on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I love to go anywhere where there is a lot of lights to see. I would love to go to Oppurtunity Village, but I have never been. Maybe one day I'll get to go there. We are going to my sisters house in California for Christmas this year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)