Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nevada Moms Nevada Moms

Hello Nevada!

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:06 PM
  • 8 Replies

Good Evening,

I am not from Nevada but I am curious about Nevada since I read my first romance novel 20 something years ago. So tell me about the real Nevada. How is the weather down there? What you ladies love the most about your State and cities?

bow downHave a bless day!

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Cafe AmyS
by Group Admin on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Welcome to the group!

Ambear72
by Amber on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi! I live in northern nevada and right now its chilly here.  We had snow this past weekend but it didnt stay around long.  Its cold in the winter and HOT in the summer. The leaves are changing and they are a beautiful Gold color!!  I love to watch the trees change during the season.  Soon the leaves will be gone and there will be bare trees everywhere.  I live in a small city about 30 miles from Reno.  At first it had that small town home feeling, where everyone said hi even if they didnt know you.  Its gotten bigger but its still has the welcome feeling to it.  I love Nv because there are so many things to do and a lot of it is outdoor.  You can hike and camp and just spend all day outside enjoying the fresh air.  I feel safer here then I do when I go back to where I was raised in Ca.  I think its a great place to raise a family.

JulieJacobKyle
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I live in Las Vegas.  I moved here from Illinois 7 years ago.  It's very different from IL and WI.  The weather here is good for me, since I hate winter.  No snow or ice.  The summers get really hot, though.  What I love most about Las Vegas is the dry air and the mountains all around.  The desert is pretty, I think.  We're also close to Red Rock Canyon and Mt. Charleston.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Hello Marie and welcome to the group!!

Dodie702
by Doriane on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Welcome to the group! :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MarieFrance
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Nevada sound great!

MarieFrance
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Las Vegas sound like a city I might like. No ice, No snow, awsome! Thank you ladies. Am glad to here.

DixieL
by Dixie on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I live in Vegas. My mom moved here in 1985 and by 1991, she talked three of her four girls, into moving here with her. She could never stand to be without her kids. I love it here. We are open twenty four hours, so you can do most of what you want to do, anytime you want to. It gets really hot in the summer, so you can't stand going outside. To me I freeze here in the winter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)