Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Are Your Plans For Christmas Day

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:16 PM
  • 10 Replies
?
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixieL
by Dixie on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:17 PM
My husband and I will be at my sisters house in California.
JulieJacobKyle
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I am not sure yet.  This is our first year without family, and I want to make sure my kids have a good time.  They know they won't see their grandparents again and I know they're ok with it, but since we always had everybody over, I want to make sure they don't feel like anything is missing. 

DixieL
by Dixie on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Quoting JulieJacobKyle:

I am not sure yet.  This is our first year without family, and I want to make sure my kids have a good time.  They know they won't see their grandparents again and I know they're ok with it, but since we always had everybody over, I want to make sure they don't feel like anything is missing. 

I know it's none of my business. You don't have to answer back. If you do answer back why won't they be seeing their grandparents again?
Dodie702
by Doriane on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
We're going to open presents. Then we'll have a pancake breakfast...yummy! After that we're.going to my dad's meeting house because they have a kids event. After that we'll go home and relax till our ham dinner is ready.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JulieJacobKyle
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:34 PM

My father is a bad person.  He's gotten worse and worse and things really blew up several months ago.  He was neglecting and emotionally abusing my grandmother, and I stepped in and took her to a doctor.  He went crazy.  He was super pissed that I got her medical care.  Our relationship has always sucked, but then everything else was brought up.  He's a drunk and a loser, his wife gossips and lies about us to other family members (like we wouldn't find out, right?).  He screams his head off at my grandmother, who is 91 years old, threatens all sort of mean stuff if she crosses him, and he controls every bit of her world.  He also goes off on horrible rants and starts screaming that everyone is a "cocksucker", from politicians to telemarketers.  He's also super racist and has said some really horrible stuff around my kids.  As bad as it's gotten, I just can't have these people around my children anymore.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting JulieJacobKyle:

I know it's none of my business. You don't have to answer back. If you do answer back why won't they be seeing their grandparents again?

JulieJacobKyle
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Oh and in the middle of this whole nightmare, he got disgustingly drunk and sent me an email in the middle of the night filled with revolting perverted things about a friend of mine, who was like 15 years old when he knew her.  That's a serious line to cross.

Ambear72
by Amber on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Just staying home and celebrating with the family!!  Having dinner with them as well.  Not going anywhere this year.

JulieJacobKyle
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:08 PM

That sounds perfect.

Quoting Ambear72:

Just staying home and celebrating with the family!!  Having dinner with them as well.  Not going anywhere this year.

Ambear72
by Amber on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Yes it does, dosnt it!  Being around more family or having a holiday party would make it even better!

Quoting JulieJacobKyle:

That sounds perfect.

Quoting Ambear72:

Drea79
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Staying home and cooking a roast in the crockpot, watching movies pretty much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)