Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you do stockings with your kids?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:19 PM
  • 6 Replies

What do you put in them?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JulieJacobKyle
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:22 PM

We've never done the santa thing, but we do stockings.  I just bought all their stuff.  I gave them each a video game, a bottle of BBW lotion for men, a bottle of BBW cologne, a couple of caramel Santas, a neat pen (one is a puzzle and one has a floating video game monster in it), a pad of Xmas post-its, a mini flashlight, a Xmas Hexbug nano, a box of Xmas dots, Xmas peeps.  They're also each getting a cool science book.  Planet Earth for Jacob and Human body for Kyle.

Dodie702
by Doriane on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Yes we do. I usually put some candy like m&ms. Then I put earrings for my dd and maybe some necklaces. Then ds will get some hotwheels and some other lil stuff. I haven't finished shopping yet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ambear72
by Amber on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I do and I have entirely to much stuff for them this year.  Im trying to make up for last year I guess.  LOL

DixieL
by Dixie on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:08 PM
We never did stockings. I always wrapped his gifts and put them under the tree.
Drea79
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Candycanes filled w/ hersey kisses, toothbrushes, a dvd or book 

AngryBob
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:20 AM

i picked up cross stitching again this year, so dh and i picked out five different personalized cross stitch stockings and ordered them. i started on the first one in september...and i'm STILL working on it lol. so we should be able to use them NEXT year. in the meantime, we got cheap felt ones and i wrote everyone's names on them in glitter glue.

we are still establishing christmas traditions in our home, as we've only been married a few years, and the first year we were together, we still had ss coming over, the second year we were together, i had just given birth, and now this is the third, and i just gave birth again. so we've kept it low-key. we might not even have a tree, depending on if dh wants to put it up. (i told him it was up to him.)

wow, overshare. anyway, we're just going to throw some candy in there, including a krisp kringle, which is a must, and a candy cane, as well as a piece of fruit, either an orange or an apple. we also do small toys or something. since the kids are all still young, they are getting toothbrushes, a new one for dd, and ds1's first. ds (the newborn) is getting a package of pacifiers.

my brother and his wife decided they were coming over on christmas morning (lol), and so we're celebrating with them, and the brother that lives with us, and his gf. so we're going to get them stockings, too, and put their favorite candy in them.

in our house, santa fills the stockings, including one toy that is unwrapped. everything else is wrapped, and put under the tree and is labeled with who its from. i'm excited.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)