Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nevada Moms Nevada Moms

Valentine's Day Presents

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:00 PM
  • 9 Replies
What do you want to get for Valentine's day? What are you getting your so?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JulieJacobKyle
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:21 PM

We don't do Valentine's Day.  I will make treat bags for the kids to take to their classes and probably help out at their parties.

Dodie702
by Doriane on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Dh and I are going on a date probably to a movie. He'll probably bring me flowers. I'm not sure what I'm getting him.
AngryBob
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:17 AM
I saw this way cute idea on pinterest that involved putting letter stickers on a mirror, painting the mirror, and then peeling the stickers off. And then I kept scrolling and came across this quote: of all the moments in my life, the ones I've spent with you are my favorite. I keep a pad of paper and pencil by the computer, so I jotted it down. I only use acrylic paint, so I'll have to figure out what paint I'll need to use (acrylic is water based, and will chip easily), and I'm totally going to do this. Gotta buy a mirror, but they're pretty easy to find in a frame.
And then last night, my best friend offered to baby sit for us so we could have a date night. So he's planning something for me ;)
Dodie702
by Doriane on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
That sounds so cute! Have fun on your date night. :)

Quoting AngryBob:

I saw this way cute idea on pinterest that involved putting letter stickers on a mirror, painting the mirror, and then peeling the stickers off. And then I kept scrolling and came across this quote: of all the moments in my life, the ones I've spent with you are my favorite. I keep a pad of paper and pencil by the computer, so I jotted it down. I only use acrylic paint, so I'll have to figure out what paint I'll need to use (acrylic is water based, and will chip easily), and I'm totally going to do this. Gotta buy a mirror, but they're pretty easy to find in a frame.

And then last night, my best friend offered to baby sit for us so we could have a date night. So he's planning something for me ;)
DixieL
by Dixie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I usually get twenty dollars for every gift giving day, so I know that's what I will get. I don't get Rick anything for Valentines Day. He gives me Valentines Day and I get him, my son and daughter in law Easter. I always spend a lot of money at See's on Easter. Then I get a lot more at Walmart or Target.

Ambear72
by Amber on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Since our birthdays are this month we dont really celebrate valentines day.  Ill get him and the kids a small box of candy and thats about it.  I dont usually get anything for valentines day unless the kids make it at school.  What about you????

Ambear72
by Amber on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

LOVE IT!!!!

Quoting AngryBob:

AngryBob
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Thanks! You're more than welcome to steal the idea, for anything. I was originally going to do our wedding date for our anniversary, but then I saw the quote and thought, hey! I'll do that for v day!
I was also thinking it would be a cute present for kids, like big letters for their name, and smaller for their birth date, or whatever. Lots of possibilities.
Went to Wal-Mart and looked at framed mirrors, saw a couple that were a good size, like thirty bucks, so that would be a start.

Quoting Ambear72:

LOVE IT!!!!

Quoting AngryBob:

Ambear72
by Amber on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Yea that would make a great present for a birthday or something our kids could make for their friends and they could totally decorate it themselves.

Quoting AngryBob:

Thanks! You're more than welcome to steal the idea, for anything. I was originally going to do our wedding date for our anniversary, but then I saw the quote and thought, hey! I'll do that for v day!
I was also thinking it would be a cute present for kids, like big letters for their name, and smaller for their birth date, or whatever. Lots of possibilities.
Went to Wal-Mart and looked at framed mirrors, saw a couple that were a good size, like thirty bucks, so that would be a start.

Quoting Ambear72:

LOVE IT!!!!

Quoting AngryBob:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)