Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hubby cant go to Disneyland

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:54 PM
  • 6 Replies

Yesterday I booked a trip for my family (there are 6 of us) and my nieces to go to Disneyland at the end of this month.  My husband cant go now!  I am so sad.  He had to have medication that is really restricted.  Only he or I can pick up the prescription and he can only get it at certain times of the month.  Its a pain med and with out it he dosnt function.  Well he cant get it any earlier then the 26th, and he cant get it later then the 1st unless he goes 2 weeks without it.  That is not even an option.  He wouldnt get out of bed if that were the casen (him being w/o the meds) We will be in Disneyland on the 26th.  I cant change the dates cuz of the rules so he cant go.  My SIL is going to go instead, but I want my Hubby there.  My SIL is a great person but she is very moody and so not as much fun as Jeff. 

What would you do in my situation?

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
DixieL
by Dixie on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:40 AM

I know how he would feel without his pain meds. I have to take them too. Even with them I have a hard time. Can't you talk to his doctor and explain the eituation? Maybe he has one of those doctors that understand things and will let him get them a day or two early. I hope it works out. Good Luck and I hope he gets to go with you.

Ambear72
by Amber on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Its not the Dr its the Controlled Substance people that wont let the Dr release the rx until the 26th.  The Dr would if she could.  They do understand but he takes Methodone so they are very watchful over it.

Quoting DixieL:

I know how he would feel without his pain meds. I have to take them too. Even with them I have a hard time. Can't you talk to his doctor and explain the eituation? Maybe he has one of those doctors that understand things and will let him get them a day or two early. I hope it works out. Good Luck and I hope he gets to go with you.

DixieL
by Dixie on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:07 AM

Quoting Ambear72:

Its not the Dr its the Controlled Substance people that wont let the Dr release the rx until the 26th.  The Dr would if she could.  They do understand but he takes Methodone so they are very watchful over it.

Quoting DixieL:

I understand. I take Hydrocodone. I think I spelled that wrong. They are really strict with it. It seems like they would let him have it one day ahead of time. I understand a week or more, but one day is just wrong. Is there any way you can talk to them and see if they will let him have it just this once. Explain the situation to them. Maybe they will understand just this once. I hope you find a way for your husband to go. I know I wouldn't have any fun without my husband either.

Ambear72
by Amber on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Its actually more then a day.  He is already going in a few days early because the dr is going on vacation so he is going in the week before, and we are leaving early monday morning, so he would have to go in another week early.  He would be getting his meds like 10 days to early.  So they said no.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Ambear72:

Quoting DixieL:

I understand. I take Hydrocodone. I think I spelled that wrong. They are really strict with it. It seems like they would let him have it one day ahead of time. I understand a week or more, but one day is just wrong. Is there any way you can talk to them and see if they will let him have it just this once. Explain the situation to them. Maybe they will understand just this once. I hope you find a way for your husband to go. I know I wouldn't have any fun without my husband either.

Ambear72
by Amber on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Trust me we have tried to think of everything so he could go.  :o(  He is going to get his leg amputated.  Its been something he has been contemplating for the last 10 years.  He said this was the final straw.  He said he is tired of having his legs get in the way of us having family time together.  There is a lot we cant do because he has a hard time walking.

Dodie702
by Doriane on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Your poor dh! I don't know what to do about Disneyland. I don't think I could do it without my dh. Keep us updated once you figure out what your doing.

Quoting Ambear72:

Trust me we have tried to think of everything so he could go.  :o(  He is going to get his leg amputated.  Its been something he has been contemplating for the last 10 years.  He said this was the final straw.  He said he is tired of having his legs get in the way of us having family time together.  There is a lot we cant do because he has a hard time walking.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)