Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nevada Moms Nevada Moms

This has NOTHING to do with anyone in here!!!!

I posted in my church group yesterday asking people to CALL and check on my husband while we are gone.  I didnt ask them to bring him anything or to do anything other then Call.  Not so hard I would do it in a heart beat. 

Anyway I had 1 lady inparticular try to tell me that I CAN have his meds before we go because she did.  YES if it was a different kind of Medicine then we could get it early and maybe even fill it in LA.  BUT it is a highly controlled medicine.  He is taking Methidone.  It a very strong narcotic they give to Meth addicts and it will catch a good price on the black market.  He needs it for his Pain. Its the only thing that gets him through the day from the pain of his leg.   I dont understand why people dont think before they speak.  We have tried to think of EVERYTHING to see if he can go.  I dont want to leave him here and he dosnt want to stay.  If he went he would be miserable and make the rest of us miserable.  He cant even stand when he dosnt have his meds and is in bed all day.  We dont want that.  But why would anyone think that we didnt try?  I understand no one knows the extent of his pain and how controlled the meds are.  But dont sit there and act like I didnt think of everything.  UGH it just annoys me!!!!  OK Vent over!!!  Again nothing against any of you in here.  You were all understanding and didnt make it seem like Im stupid and didnt try to come up with a solution.  Thanks for letting me vent.  I can now get on with my day.  LOL  HUGS you ladies are great!!!

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Replies (11-11):
DixieL
by Dixie on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Quoting Ambear72:

That's just the tip of the ice burg, he was in another accident and broke his good leg tore his ACL and his menuscus so he now has problems with his left leg. That's gonna get fixed too. He has had a few surgeries due to infection and staph. He is depressed and is on mess for that, but I always tell him there are worse people off. He has a good caring family , a roof over his head, and he survived a severed aorta. If I told you our history your head would spin LOL! But it's all getting fixed and things are looking up. I'm sorry you have and are suffering through all you have going in. I try to get my family to focus on the positive and what we have. And what we have over come to get it all.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Ambear72:

This has NOTHING to do with anyone in here!!!!

I posted in my church group yesterday asking people to CALL and check on my husband while we are gone.  I didnt ask them to bring him anything or to do anything other then Call.  Not so hard I would do it in a heart beat. 

Anyway I had 1 lady inparticular try to tell me that I CAN have his meds before we go because she did.  YES if it was a different kind of Medicine then we could get it early and maybe even fill it in LA.  BUT it is a highly controlled medicine.  He is taking Methidone.  It a very strong narcotic they give to Meth addicts and it will catch a good price on the black market.  He needs it for his Pain. Its the only thing that gets him through the day from the pain of his leg.   I dont understand why people dont think before they speak.  We have tried to think of EVERYTHING to see if he can go.  I dont want to leave him here and he dosnt want to stay.  If he went he would be miserable and make the rest of us miserable.  He cant even stand when he dosnt have his meds and is in bed all day.  We dont want that.  But why would anyone think that we didnt try?  I understand no one knows the extent of his pain and how controlled the meds are.  But dont sit there and act like I didnt think of everything.  UGH it just annoys me!!!!  OK Vent over!!!  Again nothing against any of you in here.  You were all understanding and didnt make it seem like Im stupid and didnt try to come up with a solution.  Thanks for letting me vent.  I can now get on with my day.  LOL  HUGS you ladies are great!!!

I just read what is wrong. I'm so sorry, that he has had to go through all of that and is in that much pain. Sometimes when I'm feeling sorry for myself I don't realize how much worse some people have it than I do. I'm so sorry. When does he have to go back in the hospital? Let us know so we can throw our prayers to him.

I understand. I always try to tell myself how so many people are worse off than me. What your husband is going through is a lot worse than what I have gone through. I am really happy that he is getting things fixed. I hope the pain starts getting better for him. My thoughts and prayers are with him and you and your kids. Dixie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN