Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nevada Moms Nevada Moms

What would you have done?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:50 AM
  • 4 Replies

Yesterday I went to the parent meeting and I spoke with the assistent principle since my daughter has tudoring after school and has been coming home upset and doesnt want to go back because this tudoring teacher makes her feel bad and yells at my daughter since she kind of zones out and calls my daughter names and then yesterday my daughter was trying to get this teacher to help her and she wouldnt and said they only reason why I do this is for the money. I dont think a teacher should be saying that to the kids in the first place so now the assistand principle is going to have a meeting with the tudoring teacher and I just dont want this to turn into anything that it effects my daughter more.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Dodie702
by Doriane on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I would have went to the assistant principal too. I would also asked that she be switched to a new tutoring teacher. I wouldn't want my kid to continue being tutored by someone like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieL
by Dixie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:57 AM

If I had a daughter, I wouldn't want to hurt her at all either, but that tutor needs to be put in her place and fired. She had no right to talk to your daughter like that. Since she just does it for the money, she can not do it and not get any money.

Ambear72
by Amber on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Not talking to the Principal will end up hurting your daughter more.  She needs to know that people have rights and to stand up for themselves.  She sees you doing it and she will know that its ok to do so for herself too.  If they dont do anything then take it further.  NO ONE deserves to be talked to like that.  Good for you for talking to the principal.  Dont worry about what will happen to the teacher, that teacher needs to work at McDonalds if he/she only wants the money. 

Ambear72
by Amber on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I never answered your question,  I would do what you did.  I would stay on top of it and make sure it didnt happen to others too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)