Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reno Mom's

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:09 PM
  • 5 Replies

We are moving there to live with my parents and restart. I have been staying at home with my 3 year old daughter for about 1 year. I really,really want to go back to work. What is the job market like? I would like to go back to work pretty soon after we get there. My hubby is going to do the stay at home dad thing for a while. But, when he is ready we will need a daycare/preschool. Can you recommend any? Thanks in advance!

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mrs.hartman12
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:48 PM
It depends on what your looking for. Check craigslist.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dodie702
by Doriane on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I am no help because I live in Vegas but I agree to check craigslist and want ads in the newspaper. You can also search google for jobs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Portraitmomma
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:08 AM
2 moms liked this

Lived in Reno for 7 years. 2 schools you might check out are both in south suburban Reno. The Goddard school and mountainview Montessori. A big bummer is that the job market when we moved from there 2 years ago was at a 14% unemployment rate, yikes! It is a lovely community, though.

DKk0531
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I dont live in reno but about 45 mins outside of reno, i would say to start checking into amazon, they have a warehouse outside of reno. Also check the mall, its called meadowood mall, i saw on the news they are renovating and adding a bunch of new stores. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ambear72
by Amber on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM

The Job market is not very good in Reno.  Im 30 min east of there.  I had a hard time finding work.  Start with Renohelpwanted.com or Craigslist.  There are a bunch of warehouses about 15 miles east of Reno.  You would need to go to some temp agecies to work there.  Amazon is in the town I live in its hard work.  But its a job.  I cant help with daycare/preschools I was a stay at home mom until my kids started school.  Good Luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)