Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Would Love To Go To Virginia City, And See Where Bonanza Was Filmed.

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:51 AM
  • 11 Replies

Has anyone been there? If you have what was it like?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixieL
by Dixie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:52 AM

If anyone has been there, please let me know how you liked it.

Dodie702
by Doriane on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I've never been. I need to start getting out more.... Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DixieL
by Dixie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Quoting Dodie702:

Dodie, I used to go out so much. For a long time, I have barely felt like going out. I have to start getting out more too. lol.

Dodie702
by Doriane on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:32 AM
Once it gets warmer we'll get the kids out and about more. I don't want them to become couch potatoes.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Dodie702:

Dodie, I used to go out so much. For a long time, I have barely felt like going out. I have to start getting out more too. lol.

DixieL
by Dixie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Quoting Dodie702:

Once it gets warmer we'll get the kids out and about more. I don't want them to become couch potatoes.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Dodie702:

I already am. lol. My husband comes home from work everyday and tries to get me to walk and do exercise. By the time he gets home, my back is already too bad, so I can't walk much. I have to start moving around more.

Dodie702
by Doriane on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:38 AM
I wouldn't want to move either if my back was hurting. I would just start doing a little exercise at a time.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Dodie702:

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Dodie702:

I already am. lol. My husband comes home from work everyday and tries to get me to walk and do exercise. By the time he gets home, my back is already too bad, so I can't walk much. I have to start moving around more.

DKk0531
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes i have been many times. I grew up in tahoe so we went alot. Honestly, im really into the old type ghost towns and virginia city is nothing like that. Its very commerilized (sp) kinda like a theme park very fake. But i guess if youre into stuff like that you would enjoy it, but im definitly not into "fake playtime old west". If that makes sense
Ambear72
by Amber on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Virginia City is my most favorite place in Nevada.  I can spend all day there and not get bored.  It has so much energy and it has a lot of history also.

Sadly though the Ponderosa is Closed.  They sold it about 5ish years ago.  I was so very sad when they did.  It was a fun place to go for a few hours in the day.  They had the sets there and they had a horse trail and a wagon trail up the mountain to have a pancake breakfast. 

DKk0531
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow its only been 5 yrs sense it closed?! Feels like so much longer. I havent been there sense 1999 when my mom took us to tell us my aunt died. I remember being on the hayride to the breakfast and they had the actors doing the holdup...they picked my brother and my brother was like 7 and he tried.to run off with "the gold" lol. I cant believe its only been 5 yrs!

Quoting Ambear72:

Virginia City is my most favorite place in Nevada.  I can spend all day there and not get bored.  It has so much energy and it has a lot of history also.

Sadly though the Ponderosa is Closed.  They sold it about 5ish years ago.  I was so very sad when they did.  It was a fun place to go for a few hours in the day.  They had the sets there and they had a horse trail and a wagon trail up the mountain to have a pancake breakfast. 

Ambear72
by Amber on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

It could have been as long as 8 years I remember going there when my 9 yr old was a baby. (He just turned 9 in Jan) It wasnt to long after that that it closed.

Quoting DKk0531:

Wow its only been 5 yrs sense it closed?! Feels like so much longer. I havent been there sense 1999 when my mom took us to tell us my aunt died. I remember being on the hayride to the breakfast and they had the actors doing the holdup...they picked my brother and my brother was like 7 and he tried.to run off with "the gold" lol. I cant believe its only been 5 yrs!

Quoting Ambear72:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)