Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has Anyone Been To A Real Ghost Town. If You Have

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:53 AM
  • 8 Replies

Tell me about it. Another place I would love to go.

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
DixieL
by Dixie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:54 AM

Everytime we used to come to Vegas, for LA, we used to want to stop at Calico Ghost Town. Just never made it. Let me know if it was fun.

Dodie702
by Doriane on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I haven't but it sounds like so much fun.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DixieL
by Dixie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Quoting Dodie702:

I haven't but it sounds like so much fun.

it does to me too. I always wanted to go. Something always happened that we didn't make it to Calico, but I want to go to another Ghost Town.

DKk0531
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Ive been to calico too and i loved it! Ive only been once when i was like 15, 16 maybe? I think my fav part was the horseback riding with my cousin threw the mountains!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ambear72
by Amber on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

There is a place between Lovelock and Winnemucca, it is a road on the way to a Mine.  I can not remember the name of it right now, but it was a little town.  It is not so much a ghost town Like VIrginia city, more like it is no longer on the map and unless you drive and actually get out and walk around you would have no idea it was there.  It was really cool.  There were a few buildings that resembled houses and something that looked like it had to do with mining.  We had a great day looking around.  The energies was amazing.

Ambear72
by Amber on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Its on the road up to Core Rochester, the town was I believe Rochester.  Its been about 12 years since we went there so Im not sure what is there now.  But it was really awesome when we did go.

DixieL
by Dixie on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Quoting Ambear72:

Its on the road up to Core Rochester, the town was I believe Rochester.  Its been about 12 years since we went there so Im not sure what is there now.  But it was really awesome when we did go.

Thank you Amber for telling me. I'll tell my husband and we can go. I can't wait.

Ambear72
by Amber on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Your welcome, if you do come up this way let me know!  Maybe we can have lunch or something together.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Ambear72:

Thank you Amber for telling me. I'll tell my husband and we can go. I can't wait.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)