Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nevada Moms Nevada Moms

Where do I start?

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:27 PM
  • 6 Replies

I would like to move to Nevada. Where do I start? It is just me and my daughter. I just find out there is no record of my marriage. I was married in church. We had the license in one county and got married in another. I request a copy of the marriage certificate in both counties. I received a letter stating there is no record of my marriage. How would you handle this situation?

bow downHave a bless day!

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
DixieL
by Dixie on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Marie. Welcome to CafeMom and especially Nevada Mom's. My name is Dixie. We are very happy to have you here. My son is twenty seven. Vegas is a great place to live. I don't really know how to help, but during the weekends, it's quiet in this group. I know you will get help from the other Moms.

MarieFrance
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for answering. My daughter is 7 and she loves Vegas from what she saw on TV.

DixieL
by Dixie on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Quoting MarieFrance:

Thank you for answering. My daughter is 7 and she loves Vegas from what she saw on TV.

Your very welcome. I wish I could help you. I remember and really miss it, when my son was that age. We have some really nice moms on Nevada Moms. If you don't hear from them before, you will by Monday. If you want to answer reply to what someone says, click on quote and reply then. Then we will know when you want to say something to us. Again welcome to Nevada Moms.

Dodie702
by Doriane on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Welcome to the group! I really don't know how to fix your problem. I'm sorry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ambear72
by Amber on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:25 AM

If there is no record of your marriage then the person who married you did not turn in the licence to the correct people.  When I got married it was up to the Bishop who married us to sign the license and send it back to the court house.  I would get ahold of the person who Married you and see what happened. If it wasnt turned in then Im sorry to say your marriage was not valid.  Im sorry to hear of your problems. 

As for moving to nevada it all depends on where you want to live.  Northern Nevada or Southern Nevada?

Ambear72
by Amber on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I live in Northern Nevada, and prefer it to southern.  I could not handle the heat in Vegas, I can barely handle it here in Reno.  Vegas does have more to do.  I love the Mountains of Reno and Lake Tahoe is just so BEAUTIFUL!  Where are you moving from?  Good Luck and Welcome to the Group!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN