Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nevada Moms Nevada Moms

Do You Make Easter Crafts?

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:44 PM
  • 4 Replies

10 Easy & Adorable Easter Crafts You Can Make Today

by Adriana Velez

easter craftsIt's Easter weekend! If you're looking for some adorable Easter decorating and craft ideas, we've got 10 easy-peasy projects for you right here. Some of these you can make for a surprise for your kids, and others are fun crafts your kids will love making with you. There's something for everyone here.

1. DIY Paint Chips Easter Garland: This is a brilliant idea. Gather a whole rainbow of paint chips, cut into egg shapes, and turn it all into a gorgeous Easter garland. So pretty -- and it all came from the hardware store! 

2. Bunnies and Carrots Garland: Here's a free download for another garland idea that's even easier. 

3. Tulip-Tastic Flower Arrangement: Dress up your tulips with Peeps and jelly beans. Sure, it's gilding the lily, but this vase looks so festive.  

4. Salt Dough Egg Ornaments: From Design Mom, these are as easy as baking sugar cookies. And your kids can help decorate them. 

5. Photo Print Easter Eggs: Paste photos of your family to your eggs! It's kind of wacky, but I love it. 

6. Egg Popper Tree: You know those Christmas crackers or poppers, little bundles you pop open that have a little surprise inside? This is kind of the same idea, only made with little plastic eggs and hung from a tree.  

7. Bunny Nose and Whiskers: See the photo above? Just wrap white pipe cleaners around a Popsicle stick and glue on a pink pompom. DONE! And your kids will have something cute to play with all weekend.

8. Chocolate-Dipped Peeps: Because this definitely needs to happen. You're just melting some chocolate, dipping in the Peeps, and then dipping the chocolate Peeps into sprinkles. Scroll all the way down for directions for Peeps s'mores, another thing that needs to happen.

9. Easter Egg Tree Centerpiece: There's a zillion adorable ideas here at Dimple Prints, but I especially like the couldn't-be-easier centerpiece, the Easter tree. It's just cherry blossom branches with eggs tied on.  

10. Naturally Dyed Eggs: I know, Easter egg dyeing has gotten all fancy and I said I was through with it. But I still love the gorgeous colors of naturally-dyed eggs. I've been trying to do this for years with no success. But I finally found directions that work! Design Sponge has you boil your dye bath for a while, then boil your eggs in the bath, then let your eggs sit in the bath at room temperature overnight. Totally worked for me. I was blown away.

Do you have any favorite Easter crafts?

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Ambear72
by Amber on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:39 PM

No not usually, I have wanted to be a better holiday participant.  I decorate for chistmas only.  I need to start doing better but it seems the holidays sneek up on me.

Dodie702
by Doriane on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:01 AM
I love to make themed crafts for each holiday. We made handprint bunnies and handprint baskets filled with eggs for our Easter crafts. The kids and I have so much fun crafting together. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dodie702
by Doriane on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Mobile Photo

Here is the handprint bunny.
Dodie702
by Doriane on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Mobile Photo

Here is the handprint Easter basket.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN